To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC71X3A 15 Counties in a day (Canada)

[Cancelled] GC71X3A 15 Counties in a day (Canada)
January 24, 2018 01:21AM
I am looking for a challenge checker please.

Requirements: Find at least one cache of any kind in each of 15 distinct counties in Canada in a single day.

GC5RR91 is similar, but it is set at 11 counties anywhere in North America.
January 24, 2018 01:53AM
GC5RR91 would have been made before the new challenge guidelines came in, which don't allow any time-based challenges: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited
January 24, 2018 10:32AM
You can rephrase your new challenge to find 15 counties on the same calendar date. This means cachers have the option of finding 8 in one year and 7 in the next year - but you can give them (unofficial) bonus credit if they achieve it all on the same day.
January 24, 2018 11:53AM
mole125 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can rephrase your new challenge to find 15
> counties on the same calendar date. This means
> cachers have the option of finding 8 in one year
> and 7 in the next year - but you can give them
> (unofficial) bonus credit if they achieve it all
> on the same day.

Interesting idea. Am I able to easily tell how many cachers might qualify, particularly if I limit the area to Ontario, Canada?

Rephrased: Find at least one cache of any kind in each of 15 distinct counties in Ontario, Canada in a single calendar day.

Not only am I curious how many might qualify, but this would help determine the difficulty rating. It is certainly easier than the original idea. By this time next year, I could do another road trip and add a dozen more counties (Maybe I can publish a version 2 of this at that time).
January 24, 2018 01:13PM
Check option like this with your local reviewer before spending time and effort because in the States this kind of challenges are not accepted. Recently challenges like this were rejected in Ohio and Michigan
January 24, 2018 11:40PM
New challenge guidelines (published today) allows only one find per calendar day. It is too late now for this type.
January 26, 2018 10:51PM
This request can be closed. Clearly this idea for a challenge isn't going to work. I'll have to think of something new.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login