To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6MB6H - Most northern, southern, western and eastern earthcache in DK

Hi,
I need a checker for a new earthcache challenge. People most have logged the most northern, southern, western and eastern earthcache in DK. Currently these are:
Nothd: GC26Y4W, Ruts and ridges
South: GC2RQB9, Gedser odde
West: GC18FFC, Highest point of Holmsland klit
East: GC22YE6, Christians Ø – Frederiks Ø
I already own two other earthcache cahllenges.
Best regards,
Claus aka 1lollik
June 25, 2016 09:20AM
Maybe you can set the challenge up along the line of GC3CKJQ - N-O-S-W Deutschland: Challenge Cache im Hexenwald. This way you might avoid to limit the challenge the individual caches.
June 25, 2016 09:26AM
Hi, thanks for the idea but I don't know how to modify the checker you used. And as I see it in my challenge it needs to be an earthcache your challenge is any cache as long as it is the most N-S-E-W cache in Germany or did I get that wrong? Regards 1lollik
June 25, 2016 09:33AM
Just specify the long and lats and I can set the checker for you
June 25, 2016 09:40AM
I suspekt that the challenge is not allowed since you have a list of caches that are needed.
There is usually a need that you have a choose in which caches you have to fins.
I would ask a reviewer first to know if it is allowed.

You have to meet the requirements yourself do you?
June 25, 2016 09:43AM
Thanks for the reply. Well the caches I have listed are the current active earthcaches most N-S-E-W in DK so as long as people log the current active most N-S-E-W caches they are good. I don't get your last question but I guess you mean whether I have fullfilled the challenge myself - indeed I have. Regards 1lollik
June 25, 2016 09:53AM
The problem might be that the challenge is not allowed according to the guidlines
Guideline 10 not allowed

A challenge based on elements under the cache owner’s primary control is not acceptable: examples, my favourites, my caches, caches by this owner, or this group.
That usually forbids a list of caches with this callenge is
Please send the cache to the reviewer ans ask if it is ok

There is also a problem in creating a checker. You could add the 4 caches in a list but what happens if a new cache more NSEW is published? or if one is archived.
There might be a API to get them i am not sure if one have been created for another challenge

But first ask a reviewer because if it not allowed everything else is wasted work
June 25, 2016 09:58AM
OK, I will ask the reviewers to see if it can be allowed. Best regards 1lollik
August 02, 2016 08:57AM
No feetback receved from the requester for more than a month. The request will be cancelled. You can place a new request if there is a positive answer for a reviewer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login