To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Request: First per type in The Netherlands

[Cancelled] Request: First per type in The Netherlands
July 02, 2016 09:08AM
Hello,

I'm looking for a checker for a small series of challenge cahces.
The subject of this serie is finding the oldest cache of certain types, within the borders of the Netherlands.
Acceptable types are: Traditional-Multi-Mysterie-Virtual-Webcam and Wherigo.
I'd like to create 6 challenges, each with its own checker.
1- Find the oldest of 1 type listed above (1 ou of 6)
2- Find the oldest of 2 types listed above (2 out of 6)
and so on till number 6.

Archived and temporarily disabled caches are allowed. Caches with fake dates will, preferably,have to be excluded.

Is this possible?

Because there is some discussion aboput which is the oldest traditional, i'd like to allow both First Dutch (GC1C6) and Amsterdam Urban 1 (GC198) for achieving the requirements.

multi: GC764. Mysterie: GC2B36. Virtual: GC2D2A. Webcam: GC2DE4. Wherigo: GC19TA6

Hoping I have provided enough (and clear enough) information :)

OmeErik
Re: Request: First per type in The Netherlands
July 02, 2016 09:44AM
It is possible
But pleas ask a reviewer first because it is not obvious that it is allowed.
You require specific caches and my understanding of the guideline is that there has to be alternatives.
My guess it find one of the n oldest in each type would be ok. you have to talk about the value of n with the reviewer.

You can only ask for finds on active caches. disables and archived cant be in the list.
But it is ok to let people use archived finds if they would qualify. I would suggest that you allow that because else you can go from ok to not ok if a cache is archived

And it will not be in the borders of Netherlands it will be caches inside the Netherlands or with Netherlands set as country on gc.com

You cant use publish date so hidden date is used.
Pleas set a not before date because http://coord.info/GC4G1XA is the "oldest" cache with a hidden date of "1927-12-31".
July 02, 2016 09:53AM
Great, I will contact the reviewer.
The Not before-date should be 31-12-2000, i think, because in januari 2001 the first caches were placed in The Netherlands.
July 02, 2016 12:34PM
How do I remove this topic? It has been replaced by a request with GC-code
July 02, 2016 01:04PM
Moved
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login