To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: 15 Challenges in 5 difficult Countries found Challenge

[Cancelled] 15 Challenges in 5 difficult Countries found Challenge
July 23, 2018 06:00PM
I want to publish a new Challenge cache, where are the following conditions are met.

To log this cache, you must have successfully logged at least 15 challenges in 5 different countries. It does not matter if you do 3 challenges in 5 countries or 11 in Germany and 1 in 4 other countries or something in between. It is important that you note in your log the GC codes of the caches,

The unpublished Cache number is GC7TXVG

And for that I need urgently an Challenge Checker
Pls. can anybody help me?
Many greetings and thanks
WolfPetri
July 23, 2018 07:29PM
How are you going to select which caches are challenges? Using titles is not allowed criteria and the PGC challenge status information is not available yet for checker scripts. This may be possible later but not just now.
July 23, 2018 07:50PM
I thought that you can use the cachedname for it and filter in it the term "* Challenge *"
July 23, 2018 09:27PM
Grandfathered challenges can use this approach but using the title is not allowed for new challenges without any extemption I know. The word challenge do not even match challenges exactly, which means that you must describe the challenge to use the title just because it is a word in the title.
July 24, 2018 05:04AM
In other words, you see the problem in , that you can not safely filter caches that are a "challenge". Do I understand this in the right manner ? What would you do
July 24, 2018 05:12AM
It's not a technical limitation but searching for "challenge" in the cache title would transgress rule 10 of the challenge cache guidelines:

Not allowed: These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
July 24, 2018 05:42AM
WolfPetri Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What would you do

I would wait until the challenge status information is available for challenge checkers. This has been under construction for a while.
July 24, 2018 06:05AM
But would it be possible to actually use that for challenge caches, since that information would not originate from geocaching.com so it will violate rule 4, i.e. source of criteria?
July 24, 2018 06:11AM
There are extemptions to this rule, for example, elevation. It is quite possible that HQ will allow using this information when it is available, because it is actually based on data from cache desciptions but not exactly from the title after its moderation.
July 24, 2018 06:10AM
Ok, Then I will wait until the challenge status information is available for challenge checker and hope it does not take that long . Thank very much you for your help.
July 24, 2018 06:15AM
You could speed up this process by asking from your local reviewer whether this kind of challenge is allowed or not in the case the verified challenge status will be available for checkers.
July 24, 2018 06:19AM
Yes, I will do it. Thank you once again
September 24, 2018 11:27AM
Has this been resolved?
October 09, 2018 02:52PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login