To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker Request for GC5M7XJ

[New script required] Checker Request for GC5M7XJ
August 04, 2016 06:09PM
This is a grandfathered challenge requiring non-English characters in the title.

Thank you.
August 04, 2016 11:01PM
The challenge conditions do not lend themselves to a simple tag, so I believe a new script would be required. This is likely to be low on most script-writers' priorities since the script would have limited usefulness given such challenges are no longer allowed.
August 04, 2016 11:14PM
I appreciate the response. If somebody wants to do it, thank you.
February 18, 2017 06:03PM
Does the GSAK macro referenced on the cache page really agree with the requirements? things such as parenthesis and the pound sign seem to count pass it.
February 21, 2017 06:41PM
Correct. The GSAK macro is not sufficient. I'd like to see a checker for actual non-English letters, not punctuation marks.
February 23, 2017 02:07PM
The main problem of this challenge is the list of allowed characters.
I suppose that strange chars like pound sign, euro sign, long dash, reverse question mark, strange quotes and various dots, hearts, smiles, stars, card signs etc. are not allowed.
But all foreign letters should be allowed. However there is no possibility to decide if some character is a sign or letter. The only way is the list of allowed characters, but the list may be incredibly long. In the Unicode there are 10k+ characters, about half are the letters.
So, if you can give me the list of all allowed characters, I can write the checker.
February 23, 2017 02:09PM
Another problem that I encountered is that the LUA expressions are a small subset of other regular expression librarys.
February 23, 2017 02:10PM
this is not problem
May 04, 2017 06:25PM
What call do you think would work? I tried pulling the regex from the gsak macro and that failed.
May 04, 2017 10:05PM
I've mean that you can do fast check for non ascii chars with regexp, something like
f.cache_name:find("[\128-\255]")
and then split the title to utf8 chars and check them one by one against array of allowed foreign characters.
October 08, 2017 10:56PM
This script seems to be impossible as there is no definition for a letter. The description is contradictory as there is example of "chinese letters" which are actually logograms, not letters and sometimes letters are called characters. Strictly interpreted, even a space is accepted character because it is not a character between A to Z.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login