To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Map NESW/Oldest Challenge

[Cancelled] Map NESW/Oldest Challenge
April 09, 2019 06:27PM
I have never made a challenge but I'm somewhat familiar with them and how they work. I have read the "read this first" section and I have read the challenge do's/don'ts page, but I'm still not sure if my challenge qualifies. I wanted to find out if such a challenge is possible and permissible, and if so, I would like to seek help in the script formation, where I can just plug in the cache codes or whatever for this challenge to work. This would likely be the only challenge I want to make, if it is doable.

What I want is to make a challenge cache that requires the geocacher to find the northernmost, southernmost, easternmost, westernmost, and oldest cache of my county to qualify. There are some more details, such as premium and non-premium caches, when you look at Project-GC's Map NESW/Oldest feature... but first things first. Is this challenge possible and permissible?
April 09, 2019 09:24PM
Firstly, I can't see a reason why this challenge would not be permissible... it should be OK, though its a fine line to be honest. You cannot specify latitude/longitude.... but getting the NESW is slightly different... you might want to ask your local reviewer first.

Secondly, I know it is possible to make a checker, though I cant find a script that does it... a new one who have to be written.

Please give us the GC code of your challenge, and the county.

edit: For the other part of your question, if you want access to become a checker creator and therefore create your own script/tag, you have to lodge a support question.
Are you a coder? Are you familiar with lua or similar languages?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 09:49PM by GreyHams. (view changes)
April 10, 2019 06:13PM
GreyHams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please give us the GC code of your challenge, and
> the county.
>
> edit: For the other part of your question, if you
> want access to become a checker creator and
> therefore create your own script/tag, you have to
> lodge a support question.
> Are you a coder? Are you familiar with lua or
> similar languages?

I can't give you a code yet because I haven't made the challenge yet. Also, I'm not a coder. I don't have any experience doing any of that. I was hoping it could be made for me or at least I could copy another and figure out how to format it for my needs.
April 10, 2019 05:38PM
I could see it fall under the 11. Specific Lists guideline if you are basically telling people they have to find those 5 caches specifically.
April 10, 2019 06:15PM
So I could make a challenge based on a list of caches to find, in order to qualify for the challenge? If that's so, this might be the easiest way to make this challenge checker.
April 10, 2019 06:19PM
No, I was saying it wouldn't pass the guidelines because it is a specific list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login