To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: checker ??? is it possible?

[Cancelled] checker ??? is it possible?
April 13, 2019 03:44PM
can a checker be made for this challenge - GC3FVFP

Thanks
April 13, 2019 09:14PM
What's the challenge criteria?
April 13, 2019 10:17PM
REQUIREMENTS:

1) 10 Caches that you logged as a "DNF" and then later logged as "Found".
2) 10 Caches, each from a different numbered series. They must be consecutive, but, don't have to be found in numerical order.
3) 10 Caches from the same series (#'d or not. If #'d, don't have to be consecutively numbered).
4) 10 Caches that have something to do with any sport.
5) 10 Caches with the words "Ghost" or "Rider" or "Ghostrider" in the published name. (UPDATE: I will also accept plural forms of all 3 words)
6) 10 Caches from any of the "Twin Cities" in the US (Dallas & Fort Worth, TX OR Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN).
7) 10 Caches that have a "?" or a "!" in the published name.
8) 10 Caches that the published name starts with a vowel (A, E, I, O & U) with, at least, 1 of each.
9) 10 Caches that the published name begins with the same letter or number as your caching name begins with.
10) 10 Caches with a direction in the published name (ex. North, Southwest, Up, Down, Around, Over).
April 14, 2019 04:49AM
As is mentioned by GreyHams, this Challenge violates the guidelines; specifically, sections 5 and 10 of the Challenge Cache Guidelines. I've outlined the individual reasons below.

1) 10 Caches that you logged as a "DNF" and then later logged as "Found".

Challenge criteria must be positive and require that a geocaching goal be achieved. Criteria may not be for a negative achievement such as DNF logs.

2 & 3) 10 Caches, each from a different numbered series. They must be consecutive, but, don't have to be found in numerical order. 10 Caches from the same series (#'d or not. If #'d, don't have to be consecutively numbered).

What defines a "series"? This is ambiguous, and thus violates the guidelines. Even if we rely on the cache name including some indication of a series, that would be disallowed too.

Not Acceptable These cache page elements: cache titles

4) 10 Caches that have something to do with any sport.

Not Acceptable These cache page elements: cache page text

5) 10 Caches with the words "Ghost" or "Rider" or "Ghostrider" in the published name. (UPDATE: I will also accept plural forms of all 3 words)

6) 10 Caches from any of the "Twin Cities" in the US (Dallas & Fort Worth, TX OR Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN).

Not Acceptable Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties

7) 10 Caches that have a "?" or a "!" in the published name.

8) 10 Caches that the published name starts with a vowel (A, E, I, O & U) with, at least, 1 of each.

9) 10 Caches that the published name begins with the same letter or number as your caching name begins with.

10) 10 Caches with a direction in the published name (ex. North, Southwest, Up, Down, Around, Over).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2019 04:54AM by Hügh. (view changes)
April 14, 2019 05:29AM
While I certainly agree nearly all the items would no longer be allowed... the challenge exists as it pre-dates the guidelines.

However, I do not believe a checker can be made due to the reasons I outlined. Checkers CAN be made for old challenges that break the rules, but this one is not technically possible as far as I know.
April 14, 2019 12:21PM
ok please archive request
April 13, 2019 10:33PM
I dont think this is even possible, due to the DNF requirement, though I could be wrong of course. The requirement for a cache in each of 10 different series looks problematic to me as well.

A lot of the requirements are things no longer allowed (anything in the name of a cache for example) so if a script had to be written it would likely not be used for any other challenges.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login