To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6FFVE- Checker for local org annual cache challenge

[Cancelled] GC6FFVE- Checker for local org annual cache challenge
August 27, 2016 02:27PM
Looking for a challenge checker to be able to verify findings of nominations for annual cache awards for Northern Virginia Geocaching Organization (NoVAGO). The cache has already been published but we'd like to be able to officially make it a challenge cache.

The rules for points are to find at least 18 of 49 points possible:
1) Caches on the Nominated Caches list are worth 1 point each (even if they were nominated more than once).
2) Completing more than half of the active caches in a series earns 1 point.
3) Each completed series earns 1 additional point. (so a completed series is 2 total points)

This is the cache page which includes the list of nominated caches.

Pre-thanks for the help!
K8Ydd
August 27, 2016 03:35PM
I'm sorry but there is no script that can detect if a cache is part of a series. Therefor it will be impossible to make a checker for this challenge. I'm also doubting if this kind of challenges will be allowed under the new guidelines in future so nobody will spend time to on this to develop something.
August 27, 2016 06:02PM
Thanks for the information. Since it's a limited list of specific caches, would there be a way to be able to run a checker to look for those specific GC codes?

Thanks,
Katie
August 27, 2016 06:27PM
The problems remains regarding conditions 2 and 3.
August 27, 2016 06:47PM
It would be possible to code a checker if the groups are defined someway. Challenge config/bookmarklist

But I suspect the problem is that that kind of challenge is not allowed.
11. Specific Lists Not Acceptable

A challenge based on elements under the cache owner’s primary control is not acceptable: examples, my favorites, my caches, bookmark lists, caches by this owner, or this group.

I suggest you as a reviewer first if it is allowed.
August 27, 2016 06:51PM
Target , it is an published challenge under the old guidelines
August 27, 2016 08:26PM
No is it not. There are no old challenges that start with GC6xxxx those code started after the challenge moratorium.
It was published during the moratorium "2016-04-30"
I is called "NoVAGO's Best of 2015 Bonus Cache" and if changes to challenge cache it would have to conform with the current guidelines if it is allowed.
It is some kind of pseudo challenge where you get the coordinates if you pass the requirement. There is also a pussel way to find the cahce
August 27, 2016 08:48PM
Yes, your correct. I forgot to look at the publishing date.
This means that we cannot make a checker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login