To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] Black Belt Challenge

[Awaiting feedback] Black Belt Challenge
September 28, 2019 01:34PM
Hi again
I posted a request for a black belt checker request a couple of months ago and I was (correctly) told that it wouldn't meet the guidelines.
I've since spoken my local reviewer who gave me this feedback.

HQ have said no to a few of these now because they don't meet the guidelines.

Firstly in line with the 4. Source of Criteria point.
>Challenge cache criteria
must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com such as on the statistics page, cache placement dates, types, attributes, souvenirs, etc.
must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com.

This challenge is based on Project GC BadgeGen data and the belts not the achievements on Geocaching.com. Make this about achieving a number of points rather than a "belt" will go a long way. Also the checker doesn't use the stats it looks for the belt levels.

The Challenge cache guidelines exclude a number things that have been included in this challenge.

2 points per event hosted, maximum of 30 points
0.25 points per cache type found on day with most cache types (maximum 3 pts)
10 points per 50 caches found on day with most finds, maximum of 40 points
0.5 points per 7 consecutive days with finds in largest streak. 10 point bonus at 366 days (no upper limit set)
0.1 points per favorite point on owned caches
2 points per distinct cache type on day with most distinct types found
2 points per distinct cache type hidden
2 points per disctinct cache size hidden
0.5 points per FTF, maximum of 30 points
1 point per gemstone badge (excluding country badges)
0.1 points per photo uploaded to found logs (maximum 25 points)

Finally you need to make sure you meet this point,
>The challenge requirements should be simple, and easy to explain, follow and document. A long list of rules or restrictions may prevent publication.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to work out around this without losing the overall idea?
Thanks
Re: Black Belt Challenge
September 28, 2019 03:27PM
The only one that can really be adjusted so that it fits the guidelines is the points for the streak. That one should be ok if you set an upper limit at 365 days.

There is no way to create a challenge around number of finds/types on a single day, hidden caches/FPs/Events hosted, FTFs or photo uploads. Really the only thing contributing to a challenge can be finds.

The best suggestion I can give you is to take a look at the badges, some PGC stats and other challenges and see if you can get some inspiration there for other point categories; Countires found, finds furthest apart, old caches found, eleveation of caches, FPs on caches found, souvenirs, attributes found etc. Once you got the categories figure out some initial point distribution. We can then make a checker and if adjust points as you wish when you test it on some users.
October 15, 2019 01:58PM
The requester gave not reaction to the answer, can this thread be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). ?
October 26, 2019 12:04PM
This thread has not received any further response from the requester and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login