To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker between 2 countries or 2 regions

[Cancelled] Checker between 2 countries or 2 regions
February 07, 2020 02:59PM
Good morning

I would know if a checker can be created for un trip between France and Canada.
I want to create a cache challenge about Jacques Cartier and his 3 voyages between France and Canada.
So the checker must check that the geocacher made 3 round trips (like Jacques Cartier) between France and Canada or 6 "one way tickets" between this two countries. A valid trip must start with a cache (found or not) in France and followed by a cache (found or not) in Canada or vice versa.

Like the challenge above, I wan to create a cache challenge about Christopher Colombus and his 4 voyages.
The checker must check that the geocacher made 4 round trips (or 8 "one way tickets") between Europe and the Carribean regions. Yes I know, Christopher Colombus started his voyages from Spain, but he travelled in the whole Carribean regions. A valid trip must start with a cache (found or not found) in Europe and followed by a cache (founded or not) in the Carribean regions or vice versa.

I hope I have made this sufficliently clear.

Many thanks. Loulousoleil
February 07, 2020 03:05PM
Can you give the GCcodes for the challenges so we can attach them to the checkers
February 07, 2020 05:38PM
Thank you, I have not yet created the caches.
I will creat them soon.
February 07, 2020 05:57PM
I have read your proposal a bit more but I have a concern that your reviewer will not accept such challenges on the basis of a streak like condition (although not in time) but in actions behind each activity. Please ask your reviewer if he would publish these challenges because a scriptwriter might have to spend time to extent his script.
February 07, 2020 08:58PM
Ok, I will contact a reviewer. Thanks.
March 04, 2020 07:04PM
Any result from your reviewer?
March 04, 2020 08:59PM
Hello,
The reviewer was unable to validate the 2 challenges. To him it looks complicated, but he ask me to contact HQ Groundspeek for advice. The response of HQ G was :
"Unfortunately, your challenge idea is not publishable. A cacher cannot be required to find caches in a specific order."

So I think I will modify the 2 challenge requests. The challenges will be easier to complete.

So for GC8K4ZF (The 3 voyages of Jacques Cartier) the geocacher must have found 3 caches in France and 3 caches in Canada.
For GC8K4ZW (The 4 voyages of Chritopher Colombus) the geocacher must have found 4 caches in Spain ,4 caches in Guadeloupe and 4 caches in Martinique - 2 islands in French West Indies.

For GC8K4ZF can you, please, complete the tag comment with "Trouver 3 caches en France et 3 caches au Canada."
For GC8K4ZM can you, please, complete the tag comment with "Trouver 4 caches en Espagne, 4 caches en Guadeloupe et 4 caches en Martinique".

Thanks for the work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login