To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Would these challenges be accepted?
March 07, 2020 03:17AM
I have 2 challenges that I was interested in but I am not sure that they would be approved under current geocaching guidelines. Can you review them and let me know if they would be accepted?

Challenge cache #1: In order to qualify to log this challenge cache you must have at least 500 finds and at least 15% of your finds must be on cache types other than 'traditional'.

Challenge cache #2: In order to qualify to log this challenge cache you must do all of the 4 following things:

Find or have found 100 caches (or more) in one day (12:00am til 11:59pm on any one specific date).

Find or have found 150 caches (or more) in one week (any single, continuous 7 day period).

Find or have found 300 caches (or more) in any one calendar month (January, February etc.).

Find or have found 2000 caches (or more) in one calendar year (January 1st thru December 31st).
Re: Would these challenges be accepted?
March 07, 2020 06:37AM
No, those challenges will not be accepted. #1 is against rule 14 of the challenge cache guidelines:

Not Acceptable: Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.

And #2 is against rule 9:

Not Acceptable: Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
Re: Would these challenges be accepted?
March 07, 2020 12:10PM
That is what I was suspecting, but I thought that it was worth checking. Thanks for your quick response! Please consider this request closed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login