To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Request to modify an excising tag
June 24, 2020 01:52PM
Hello gang,

I'm using a cloned tag 40562 on GC8VC6N and would like to see if it can be modify to:

1. Include that the hides must have been published 1 year prior to date of log signed and are still active to date.

2. Change the TYPES to only physical container cache types. (no Virtuals, Earth..) and increase to 3 types over 2

Thanks so much to all of you for your efforts in helping further this game...

Ron - Texas
Re: Request to modify an excising tag
June 24, 2020 02:30PM
I do not like to disappoint you but the checker you cloned is not allowed since the introduction in 2016 of the challenge guidelines

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
Not acceptable
Requiring cachers to own a cache.
June 24, 2020 04:14PM
Sorry I must have missed that in my quick studies and thanks for the info.

That seems sad that the guidelines would not want to challenge people to promote more hides in the game. That's restricting challenges for an essential part of what makes up this game. Let's be real, without CO's and hides we wouldn't have a game to have challenges. To prevent challenging someone to increase all those hides that all the other challenges require to complete seems strange. I didn't want it to be easy to just get 10 caches published to complete this that is why the caches needed to be active for more than a year to show you were a responsible owner. Oh well, rules are rules.....

Thanks for your time and again big THANKS for what you do...
June 24, 2020 04:47PM
One quick question. How do I delete the extra cloned checker I created and won't be using, or is that necessary?
June 24, 2020 05:02PM
I have disabled the checker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login