To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker to verify 5 challenges

[Cancelled] Checker to verify 5 challenges
June 30, 2020 07:41PM
Creating a series of 5 cloned challenge caches with a bonus challenge. Is it possible to build a checker (or if there's a clone) to verify that a Geocacher has qualified for ALL 5 cloned challenge caches before they will qualify in logging the 6th bonus challenge. Have not created any clones yet. Want to verify this checker can be created before any GC codes are created.

Ready to create the 6 caches if this is possible.
June 30, 2020 08:13PM
I'm sorry but but challenge checker (although possible) is not allowed to be used for checking a bonus cache.

The guidelines don't allow this
Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
June 30, 2020 08:58PM
Ok, don't take this wrong. I read the "Source of Criteria" and don't see what you are referencing is wrong? What if I don't call it BONUS? What if we just request to create a challenge checker where you must qualify for the other 5 cloned challenges tages together or combining into the one checker for the 6th cache before logging? It would be just repeating all the previous 5 checkers to complete. That would eliminate the search for the cache page elements: GC codes

Can you clarify what is wrong??? Just trying to get a better idea what I can do?? There again, can I get a cache like this published if I don't put a checker on it but I just verify they qualify for the other 5 myself.
June 30, 2020 09:18PM
Ok I see what you mean but we need to know the other 5 checkers to see if they will fit into a multiple checker.
June 30, 2020 10:07PM
My challenge multiple checker would require the 5 cloned tags all dealing with Icon/types:

GC59TGB/4210 - 9 Icon Challenge
GC430XD/4761 - 11 Icon Challenge
GC1THHV/44783 - 3 Icons by 10 CO's Challenge
GC32RTG/933 - 10% other than Traditional Icons Challenge
GC4FYBK/2059 - Spell G.E.O.C.A.C.H.I.N.G Challenge

Now, of course, there are variation to a number of these tags that could be substituted if these won't go together. They must have found the cache as well as qualify for the smiley. So this multiple checker will also require a "Found It" log on each of the 5 individual challenges to completely qualify. Hope this works... Thanks for your time and the help...
July 01, 2020 01:19AM
GC1THHV/44783 - 3 Icons by 10 CO's Challenge
GC32RTG/933 - 10% other than Traditional Icons Challenge
GC4FYBK/2059 - Spell G.E.O.C.A.C.H.I.N.G Challenge
The above challenges are not allowed to be used anymore since the introduction in 2016 of the guidelines

Please read 10. Source of Criteria and 14. Positive Challenge Criteria
https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 09:04AM by vogelbird. (view changes)
July 01, 2020 03:24PM
Ok got it. Sorry about that and thanks for the heads up. Is there a way to tell if a cloned tag doesn't pass this new criteria. You could save everyone a lot of time IF all of the tags that we can search and sift thru for clones have some kind of notice on them stating NOT CLONEABLE (or no clone button) so we'll know that they can not be use anymore. Just saying. I've now looked at using 6 different clone tags but have found out that, 4 of them are no longer meeting the new criteria. I'm now getting leary of going with any new challenge cache at all if more that 50% of the challenges out there are no longer meeting the new criteria. Isn't this narrowing the field down so that any new challenge will be just MULTIPLE combination of a small group of tags that meet this new criteria.

I know rules will be rules but 3 of these bad challenges are just about finding caches in a certain category. This "Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches" doesn't make any since. Isn't every CHALLENGE punishing you for not finding something to complete that challenge??? If I'm missing one or all the letters from a Alpha challenge then I'm being punished (because I still can't log this challenge) until I've found all the required caches! Does this mean that the Alpha challenge is no longer meeting the criteria???
July 01, 2020 03:44PM
I only have a short advice - Don't clone a checker which is from a challenge which was published before April 2016
July 02, 2020 05:00PM
Got it and thanks again. We'll use the 2 that are still good.

You may close this topic....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login