To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] New Checker Request

[Awaiting feedback] New Checker Request
October 05, 2020 06:32PM
This is my first challenge I will be putting out. I do not have a GC code yet.

the requirement will be to have 80 FTF's.

thank you so much for all your help!
Re: New Checker Request
October 05, 2020 07:32PM
I'm sorry but this challenges is not allowed in the guidelines

Please 14. Positive Challenge Criteria
https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
Competition rather than achievement; example, a challenge based on "First to Finds" is a competition.
October 11, 2020 12:17AM
GC9149M, 1/3 FTF Challenge

Cache page text:

CACHE IS AT THE POSTED COORDINATES.
You will need to to have a established list of your FTFs.
1. You have to have logged a FTF for each month of the year.
2. A three State requirement.
Your list must contain a minimum of at least one FTF in three States. Any state and any year will be accepted. A FTF in another country is acceptable too. Logging a note is fine if requirements are not met at signing.
D/T ratings are based on perceived efforts needed to achieve the FTF. Actual terrain is more like 1.5.

I can see how you may say this is a competition, but. The three State element is more luck, there is no control of where or when a new cache will be published.

The requirements have no time frame to deal with. Asking for a minimum of one cache/month or one/state does not create massive quantities meet the requirements. More a focus to detail, a lot like your "Wonders of the World" souvenir run for specific finds to attain a goal.

As you see with the photo have met the challenge. I will say quite by luck. Right place right time. If you agree with me fine, if not so be it.

Thanks for your time regardless
Guy
October 11, 2020 05:20AM
The challenge is still based on the ftf criteria which is not allowed but if you doubt my opinion please contact your local reviewer if he would publish your challenge
November 12, 2020 03:36PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login