To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker request for GC1A30H - if possible

[Cancelled] Checker request for GC1A30H - if possible
November 22, 2020 04:31AM
I am not sure this one will work, but here are the requirements -

Find 26 caches in the Great Lakes States/Provinces in a City, Town or Village starting with each letter of the alphabet (A cache in a City starting with the letter “A”, a cache in a town starting with the letter “B” etc). This is expalined more in #6 below, and I am not sure this is possible. Thanks!!

Added notes -

1) Finds may be on any date.

2) All caches must have written cache logs (no Virtual, Earth, or Locationless caches) and must be logged online.

3) The cache must be within one of the Great Lake States (States bordering the great lakes (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin)). We will also honor finds by our Canadian friends in Ontario.

4) The order of the finds does not matter (For instance you may find a cache in Ypsilanti before you find a cache in Baraboo.)

5) Since the only X place we found was Xenia, you may use a place with “X” anywhere in the name, for instance Charlevoix. Or you may place a cache (but must follow placement rules), in a city, town or village starting with the letter “X”.

6) In order to count, we must be able to find City, Town, Village on map. (Can’t be just a crossroad, which is referred to by a name.)
November 22, 2020 08:18AM
You may find a review won't publish this cache, because it violates the challenge cache guidelines:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

In particular, you can't reference a cache title as a source of criteria (#10)
November 22, 2020 06:47PM
Thanks very much. I was pretty sure that the boundaries/polygon data are not really available for this one. I appreciate you checking it out!
November 22, 2020 08:20AM
Its an existing grandfathered challenge
November 22, 2020 10:08AM
It's impossible to make a checker for this because there is no polygon data available in the system.

To make it available will be too much work for a single checker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login