To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6JW8T Find 98% of all active caches in the county minus other challenges.

I am looking for a Challenge Checker to check for this yet to be posted cache http://coord.info/GC6JW8T
Find 98% of all active caches in the county minus other challenges.

Here are the details,
1. Need to check for percent of finds within the county that it is placed in
2. Looking for a 98% find rate of finds to total placed to qualify
3. Excepting other Challenge caches (I don't want finders to have to find a challenge such as this one, in order to qualify. So omit mystery caches with the word "Challenge" in the title, since this word is now required by new publication rules)
4. Included all cache types including events.
5. Output to display cache names that still need to be found. (even if qualified so that the cacher can chose to go on to finish the last 2%)

Please let me know if this is possible to do. I appreciate the help very much. This is my first Challenge to try and publish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 04:53PM by ganja1447. (view changes)
May 31, 2016 04:55PM
You should run this by your reviewer first. In my opinion, you are breaking two of the guidelines.

1) A challenge can not be based on a percent of finds in a county, it has to be a fixed number.
2) You can not exclude Challenges since that is a cache named attribute only. I am less certain about this on, first because it's an exclusion. But I got denied publishing a "meta challenge" in Sweden (log X challenges).

There is also a technical problem with #2. There is no correct way to distinguish challenges from other caches. There is a way that's ~99% correct, but not 100%. Checkers should be 100%.
July 18, 2016 03:46PM
There is no feedback from the cacher who requested a checker for more than 1.5 months therefore this thread will be cancelled. The request can always be resurrected by placing a new request when this becomes a necessety.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login