To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Challenge caches motorway

[Cancelled] Challenge caches motorway
June 02, 2016 09:06AM
Hello,

We need a checker for a new challenge "Challenge caches motorway" - GC6G6TA

This cache is of course placed on a motorway service area accessible from the south / north direction.
It can be retrieved from the highway or with an external access to the area.

Like any hidden challenge, given the coordinates are those of the cache, however, for logguer Found It in You must complete the following prerequisites:

You ride a lot - for work or for geocacher? So this challenge is for you.

To validate this challenge, all you need at least 60 caches found on a motorway service area.

To justify your log, you will
1) Go to project-gc (or GSAK) or create yourself your table of 60 caches motorway
2) Take a snapshot of the number of caches "hitchhiking" found
3) Post the captured image on your log

Us, We found 75 caches motorway

Let me know if a script can be created for this one and if something is not ok for the new Challenges' criteria of submission!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Les Roberts
º
Re: Challenge caches motorway
June 02, 2016 10:13AM
Challenge cache criteria must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com and must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com.

https://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

>> This challenge doesn't comply with the guidelines
June 02, 2016 11:39AM
I am not sure that the challenge is against the guidelines. There are maps on gc.com and you can see if it is an motorway service area on the map

But a checker is hard because the computer needs to know what where all motorway service areas are. You have to provide polygons around them or a point an a radius.
If you limit the challenge to France or a region i France the information of all service areas might exist on the web.
Or you can create a checker a list with coordinates for them.
I have not idea how many there are in France or if you can can map all / find a source

The checker would show a map with them all like on http://project-gc.com/Challenges//20717
I am not sure if that challenge is ok because the reviewer are considering it

But i would as a reviewer that if visableon the maps and in the checker is ok for a challenge
June 29, 2016 09:09AM
Hello,

Excuse me for my English not very good ...
I think that this challenge is quite possible because many challenges are on the same principle .
the checker could be created with the requirement for validating cache whose title contains the word " highway" in different languages ​​.

The rewiever said he would validate the cover when the checker will be created. But I 'm not a computer and does not have the skills , unfortunately .
So I hope and thank you to create for us.

Best regards
Les Roberts
June 29, 2016 09:51AM
Not allowed. You are not allowed to use the cachename in a challenge.
June 29, 2016 11:17PM
Additionally, the existing similar challenges are from before the new guidelines came into effect. I'm not aware of any similar challenges being published after the moratorium ended.
June 30, 2016 08:21AM
Ok
Thank you for yours answers.
I understand.
I'll try to find the links to a map of the motorway services or abandon the idea. we are very disappointed.
A big thank you anyway for the time spent searching .
Good geocaching !

Blandine et Cyril - Les Roberts
August 02, 2016 09:37AM
I am cancelling this thread because no challenges like this are allowed under the new guidelines

10. Source of Criteria - Not Acceptable (http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206)
  • ...These listing elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer or listing text. (new 2016)
  • ...Challenges based on user-defined mapping polygons. (new 2016)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login