To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker request

[Resolved] Checker request
June 14, 2016 10:05PM
We want to make a challenge with the very old caches (a Jasmer light version). We found a cache in Berlin with this theme, and as we love the old caches, we would like to make one like that.

The challenge cache in Berlin is "https://coord.info/GC2QQMP"; Rad der Ältesten - Jasmer Challenge Light

Is it possible to make a challenge like this. Remark that there a one main requirement and then three optional requirements. You are only to fullfill the main AND one of the optional requirements

Our challenge will be in western of Denmark so it will not be nearby the "mother-challenge" in Berlin

PS We made this challenge just as the memoratorium started and only didn't had it published as we should verify that a reasonable number of teams could log it. We made the verification but came a day short.

Greetings
mjolner
June 21, 2016 11:18AM
I don't know if this silence is because it is very difficult (or even impossible) or that it's a bad timing - due to holidays ?

Greetings
mjolner / Thorkild
June 21, 2016 12:21PM
Can you explain in English the requirements of the challenge. Maybe somebody will look at this challenge then.
June 21, 2016 10:06PM
The requirements of the challenge is in two parts

You have to fullfill the main rule AND just one of the 3 sub-rules in order to log the challenge

Main rule is that you have to have logged a cache in two different month of the year 2000.

The 3 sub-rules is:

Sub-rule 12 in 2:
We look at the two first years (2000 and 2001). In this period you'll have to have logged a cache from 12 different month

Sub-rule 22
Again the two first years of geocaching. You'll have to have logged at least 22 caches placed in these two years

Sub-rule 4 x 4
We look at the whole matrix. You'll have to have logged caches from placed month so you'll have 4 whole columns AND 4 whole rows.
The rows are to be from the years 2000 to 2006
The columns of course are whole in January to April without the year 2000 (where there were no placed caches) and the bottom line take into account the month that the challenge should be logged

Hopefully this is enough to answer the question. Or else feel free to ask again
June 22, 2016 03:11AM
Looks to me like it will need a new script (unless I've missed a way to get the Easy Tagging checker to handle one main and one of three sub-tasks)
March 27, 2017 01:01AM
I've updated the multiple test checker script to handle the requirements. The checker is: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2QQMP/25591

Since the request was not from the CO and 9 of the last 10 finders pass this checker, I'll archive this thread without seeking feedback from the requester.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2017 01:43AM by sumbloke. (view changes)
March 24, 2017 07:34PM
How flexible are you on these requirements?

The hang up I believe is the one from one requirement and one of three options. If you changed this to complete these three or four requirements, it might be easier to get the challenge tagged.

sumbloke can probably also offer recommendations to make it easier to implement.
March 26, 2017 11:39PM
It looks like this is for an existing grandfathered cache owned by another cacher. So it wouldn't be for the requester to change the requirements.

I'm thinking that making some adjustments to the Multiple Test Checker script might be the way to go...
March 26, 2017 11:47PM
Sorry I missed that it was an existing challenge.
March 27, 2017 10:01AM
Hi there

I don't quite know what is the meaning of all this ?
Is the checker available now or ??

Sumbloke: Your comment on "marts 27, 2017 01:01" with the link to a checker : Is that the link we can use for our challenge?
We don't know that much about challenge-checkers. Is it possible for us to copy this into our own challenge-cache, so it will be our challenge that the cachers check and not the Berlin version.

PS. We won't start the making of tha new challenge before we are sure that it i s possible to get it all the way to a new cache. So I haven't got a GC-code yet

Greetings
mjolner / Thorkild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2017 10:08AM by mjolner. (view changes)
March 28, 2017 06:04AM
Sorry, it had been so long since the original request I'd forgotten that you were asking for the creation for your own challenge. Or I might have missed that in the first place.

It is certainly possible to have one main challenge and three optional sub-challenges. Be aware that the reviewers will insist on you qualifying for all sub-challenges even if they're not all required to meet the challenge.

If you want to create a challenge exactly the same as this one, you can click the "Clone tag..." button on the right of that page and provide your new GC code (you will need to have your GC code to get a checker specifically for your challenge). If you want different requirements, please create a new topic with the specific requirements that you want.

Once you have a link to a checker for your GC code, click the "Link..." button on the right. You'll be given three options for how the link will display, option 3 is recommended. Just copy the HTML from the option you want and place it on your challenge page.
March 28, 2017 11:07AM
Hi again
Thanks for your fine and detailed answer.

We (in the team) will discuss about the requirements. We fullfill all of the requirements ourselves . . and then some :-) and we know others to fullfill more than the Berlin version. That's why we want to be sure whether it's the same requirements or it should be a little harder.
When we are sure of the task we will make our challenge and do as you described :-)

But now we know that it is possible to make the challenge so we're really glad for your help

Thanks again

Greetings
mjolner / Lillian and Thorkild
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login