To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6M8W8: 26 finds every day in any calendar month

[Resolved] GC6M8W8: 26 finds every day in any calendar month
June 23, 2016 04:54PM
I want to create a new challenge cache (GC6M8W8) that requires geocachers to find at least 26 caches every day in any single month of their "Finds for Each Day of the Year" calendar.
* Feb. would require at least 754 finds (26 finds x 29 days).
* April, June, Sept., or Nov. would require at least 780 finds (26 finds x 30 days).
* Any other month would require at least 806 finds (26 finds x 31 days).

In the future, I might want to create similar challenges that require any 3 months be filled with >= 26 finds, any 6 months, and any 9 months.

I haven't seen any other challenge that has this sort of requirement, but I suspect there probably is a script that can handle it. If so, then could someone please create the necessary tag for my new challenge?

If there is no such script currently available, then would someone please consider creating one?

Thanks in advance.
Re: GC6M8W8: 26 finds every day in any calendar month
June 23, 2016 05:05PM
Here is the checker but you don't qualify yet http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6M8W8/21638
June 23, 2016 05:09PM
Thanks once again, vogelbird. That does exactly what I needed.

I found seven caches yesterday, which fills my June calendar month. Project-GC just hasn't caught up yet.
June 23, 2016 05:37PM
Yes your correct PCG has a latency of 24 to 48 hours on cachers finds.

And your also correct that calender challenges are allowed under the new rules. There are already some published.
June 23, 2016 05:12PM
Please see section 9 of the Challenge Cache guidelines, in the "not acceptable" column:

"Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc. "
and
"Specifying cache type(s) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak."
June 23, 2016 05:14PM
My challenge isn't time limited to a single month. For example, if people don't fill in the month of June for this year, then they can continue working on it during June of 2017 and 2018, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login