To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC5MWDC - Event Challenge - Find 50 Events in 5 unique states or territories

I am not sure how this Challenge will go with a checker. The main requirements -:

"You must have attended 50 Geocaching events of any type. Furthermore, 5 of the 50 qualifying events must each be in unique states or territories."

• I wish to allow any event type - anywhere in the world. (Event, CITO, Mega, Giga, Lost & Found Event, Lost and Found Celebration, Maze Exhibit, Block Party, Groundspeak HQ. I pulled these off GSAK - if PGC calls them something different so be it)
  • Each event needs to be hosted by a unique geocaching.com account
  • Each qualifying event needs to be 7 days apart
  • Cachers can use one event they have created and attended

I look forward to any comments and would be forever grateful if someone could make a checker for the above. Yes I am not using my real geocaching name. I don't want people in my local area to know what I am planning.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 03:33AM by CacherIncognito. (view changes)
I have edited the above post... as a little birdy told me it is a scripting nightmare to do states and countries.
Re: GC5MWDC - Event Challenge - Find 50 Events in 5 unique states or countries
June 24, 2016 02:53PM
Is from different CO ok?
guideline 10 not allowed

These listing elements: cache titles, cache owner names, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer or listing text. (new 2016)
I assume that cache owner name means both the place by name and the name of the cache owner. that is one to one mapped with the owner id.
I would ask a reviewer.

Is is also hard to create if only one per CO is allowed and min 7 days apart. Do you know how many combinations that might be needed to be tested?
Target. : I thank you for your reply.

Indeed this cache has been submitted to a reviewer already. I sent it at the same time as posting it here. I am awaiting a reply.

I understand your concern about using the ownerid (this would be the criteria to use by the way). However, my interpretation of the rules is you are not to base the Challenge around the owner's name. For instance "Find caches with owners whose name start with the letter W". However, I see your point. I will leave it to the reviewer to decide.

In regards to your concern on the 7 days stipulation : This may be a concession I am willing to make. The reason for it is because I can see people "stacking" events to qualify for this challenge. However, I do not want to put a script coder in a mental hospital over it.

Perhaps we will see what the reviewer comes back with the user id and go from there.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and taking the time to look at my idea.
Just an update on this one. The reviewer has questioned a few things but only to do with my listing really. It will depend on the amount of people that do qualify whether it gets published.

The reviewer did not mention the owner id being an issue. However, in the interest of being honest, I pointed it out. The reviewer is checking with HQ and getting back to me in the next day or so.
Target : You were correct. The reviewer has confirmed I am not allowed to use the user id. So I have remarkably changed the challenge. This was to do with my thread in regards to distances from set points.

The new challenge would now be -:

"You must have attended 30 geocaching events of any type. You may only use one qualifying event within each 5km interval from the coordinates of this challenge cache < coordinates will be supplied > "

• I wish to allow any event type - anywhere in the world. (event, cito, mega, giga, Lost & Found Event, Lost and Found Celebration, Maze Exhibit, Block Party, Groundspeak HQ. I pulled these off GSAK - if PGC calls them something different so be it)
  • The cacher does not have to find a cache within every 5km interval

Again - this is before the Reviewer as well. Hopefully this is doable as far as a Checker is concerned...

Thank you all.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 10:52PM by CacherIncognito. (view changes)
Re: GC5MWDC - Event Challenge - Find 50 Events in 5 unique states or territories
July 01, 2016 01:05PM
supply the coordinates
There is not checker that can do that at the moment but would be easy to create.

And Groundspeak HQ it not a event. It is grouped with unknown caches on the stat page
Target - you are correct again. Please scratch "Geocaching HQ". Not sure where I got that idea from...

I will supply the coordinates to your geocaching.com account. I don't want to hear the thundering hooves of ftf hounds before the Challenge is published.

Thank you for your help, Target.
Re: GC5MWDC - Event Challenge - Find 50 Events in 5 unique states or territories
July 02, 2016 09:28AM
Created
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5MWDC/21760

I assume it will be published with another account since the one you uses here have 0 find and you need to meet the requirements to publish it
And it seems to work perfectly. Thank you very much for your effort and input, Target.

Yes - it will be published with my regular account - and I do qualify.

It will be published in due course - when the reviewer is ready.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login