To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6QR2E CHALLENGE CHECKER NEEDED FOR 500 MILE CHALLENGE

[Resolved] GC6QR2E CHALLENGE CHECKER NEEDED FOR 500 MILE CHALLENGE
August 25, 2016 05:10PM
Can a checker be created for this GC number.
Re: GC6QR2E CHALLENGE CHECKER NEEDED FOR 500 MILE CHALLENGE
August 25, 2016 06:47PM
As it isn't published nobody can see the cache page but you. You therefore need to tell us what the requirements of the challenge are.
August 25, 2016 07:07PM
he cache is at the listed location, but you will need to meet the challenge before logging it. The challenge is to find at least two (2) caches at least 500 miles apart. You do not have to start at your home, just two caches 500 miles apart. The following cache types count traditional, unknown, multi, letterbox hybrid, whereigo , Virtuals, earthcaches, events, CITO, and geocaching challenges. - The caches must be at least 500 miles apart, You may already qualify -- there is no date restriction. - Please list the two caches and the distance apart in your log. - This cache cannot count as one of the two finds needed to qualify.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2016 04:56PM by Ground Fox. (view changes)
August 25, 2016 08:08PM
August 26, 2016 04:58PM
How about now i made change to say that you need to find 2 caches 500 miles apart with no other restriction will that work
August 26, 2016 06:42PM
You cloned a tag 22370 for the same day. This will have to be removed

The link to the new checker is http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6QR2E/22423
August 29, 2016 12:37PM
Can you remove the clone i do not know how to is it in the source code or where.
2nd question the reveiwer wants me to run the checker for other cachers to see if they qualify is that possible before the cache goes live.
3rd will the checker work if the cache is not live.

thanka steve
August 29, 2016 12:53PM
I wiil arrange that the clone is removed.
The checher is already working and you can use it for any nickname you want as long as it is a registered name on Geocaching.com.
August 29, 2016 01:12PM
I cannot seem to get the checker working from the cache page did i load it wrong. Thanks steve
August 29, 2016 01:21PM
The checker system is down at the moment. This happens once in a while but it is on auto-reset.
Please wait an hour but if it is not working after one hour please give a notifigation.
August 29, 2016 01:36PM
Retested and the system is working
There is another problem with the checker.
For some cachers the checker goes on time-out and you are one of those cachers.
You found more than 40000 caches.The checker has to check too many possibilities and is running out of calculation time.
August 29, 2016 01:40PM
If you go to the cache page , the checker will not let you link to it did i copy something wrong, where else is the checker located

thanks steve
August 29, 2016 01:49PM
This the procedure
Go to the link provided:

First you should verify the tagged script works for your profile or else they wont publish it. On the page you will see a section where you can enter your profile (caching) name and press the blue "Run Checker" button.

This will check if your profile is qualified for the challenge. If you get a sucess message, then look for the "link" button which will bring up a screen where you can copy one of three link styles. Select and copy the top left link text and paste that into your cache page description when you are editing the cache before submission.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login