To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] 5 caches with more than 51% of FPs in Extremadura

[Resolved] 5 caches with more than 51% of FPs in Extremadura
September 13, 2016 11:33AM
Hi mates,
I would like to do a new challenge on finding 5 caches from Extremadura (Spain) that have more than 51% of FPs on the date you make the log. It is not difficult to get.

Hope someone can help or maybe offer me some advice. I have programming knowledge, but I don't know if I can do a new checker by myself.

Thank you in advance. --Adolficus (Adolfo)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 11:37AM by Adolficus. (view changes)
Re: 5 caches with more than 51% of FPs in Extremadura
September 13, 2016 12:41PM
I thing this challenge breaches the rules - see item 12 on https://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 12:41PM by ChrisDen. (view changes)
September 13, 2016 12:58PM
No is it %FP on caches not % of caches in area
September 13, 2016 02:02PM
I might be reading the rule incorrectly:
Finding all or any percentage of the caches, or of a cache type, rating, or other allowable value within a specified area; e.g. 80% of EarthCaches in France is not publishable.
The requirement is >51% of the FPs in an area, Extremadura.

That to me is a percentage of.... other allowable value within a specified area.
September 13, 2016 12:56PM
It is impossible to know if a cache had >51% FP on the date of the log. The only information the checkers has is the current FP.
I suggest that you change it to that you have have logged 5 caches with >51% FP (or perhaps >%50 FP) Not at time of found but any time after when you run the checker and can show it.
Just write that you have to have 5 finds with >51% FP. And that you have to show it with a screendump of the checker.
Then you don't have to mention when because it will be any time the checker is run.

On the date of find is impossible to do even if more information is given to the checker because there is not enough information provided from gc.com.
You need the time that all premium log were posted. Not the date in the log but when it was submitted to gc.com.
And the same for FP addition/removal since both can happen at different time then the log.
Then you would get the information that id had >51% FP the day you logged it. That if is times are in second else you can know if it might have hade it that day.
But that information is not provide by gc.com.
September 13, 2016 01:03PM
Ok, thank you Target, I understand it. I can change my requirements to ">51% FPs in Extremadura" (without date). How can I get a checker? Thank you, Adolfo
September 13, 2016 01:46PM
I can tag it but it will be >=51%
But you need to post the gc code
September 13, 2016 01:50PM
I crated in but need to addgccode.
You have a problem and that is that you only have 2 caches >=51FP in Extremadura
September 13, 2016 02:03PM
Ah, ok, I need to do some geocaching more :)

The code is: https://coord.info/GC6RXD9

I'm going to try my own challenge in the next days. What's next? Thank you
September 13, 2016 02:17PM
September 13, 2016 07:34PM
Thank you very very much for the work! I'm going to get my own challenge, and I'll send to publish the cache.

How can I change this code? I know some of programming in LUA. Only you can develop this programs? Thanks for all. Best and happy caching.
September 13, 2016 07:45PM
You cant write checkers if you are not allowed to now. There will be a process to add writers. When that will happen have I not idea of.
If you are interested how it works you can read all code of exinsing checkers and read the documentation in the forum.
I dont know if the API is linked from there but it is http://project-gc.com/doxygen/lua-sandbox/classPGC__LUA__Sandbox.html
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login