To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker Regions

[Resolved] Checker Regions
September 16, 2016 01:26PM
I don't know if it's possible to create a checker for a specific region.

I live in a region that is called 'Hageland' and 20 different small 'towns' are part of this Hageland, I want a checker that if someone found at least 1 cache in each town he can log this cache.

More details can be given but I want to check if this is possible and if someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
Randy
Re: Checker Regions
September 16, 2016 01:49PM
Yes, Belgium goes down to county level which are very small town.

Please supply the names as wikipedia is not clear which counties make-up Hageland

Quote Wiki
Het Hageland wordt in het zuiden begrensd door de heuvelrug van Pellenberg en in het zuidoosten door de loop van de Velpe. Het gebied ten zuiden van deze lijn wordt in toeristische publicaties vaak bij het Hageland gerekend, maar sluit landschappelijk meer aan bij Droog (Tienen, Hoegaarden, Landen) en Vochtig (Zoutleeuw) Haspengouw. De oostgrens van het Hageland wordt gevormd door de Gete en de noordgrens door de vallei van de Demer. Onder het Franse bewind werd een klein deel van het Hageland afgescheurd van de provincie Brabant en bij Limburg gevoegd. Dit deel vormt de huidige stad Halen. Landschappelijk heeft het Hageland veel gemeen met de Toscane in Italië, dit geldt ook voor het aangrenzende Droog-Haspengouw.

Over een nauwkeurige afbakening van het Hageland bestaat geen eensgezindheid, maar het is duidelijk dat de omschrijvingen van zowel Toerisme Hageland[1] als van Regionale Landschappen Vlaanderen[2] (Noord- en Zuid-Hageland), die zij hanteren om organisatorisch-commerciële redenen, te ruim is. De woondorpen Langdorp, Gijmel, Wolfsdonk, Begijnendijk, Betekom, Molenstede, Werchter, Averbode, Testelt, Okselaar, Deurne, Tremelo en Baal zijn ontegensprekelijk Kempisch; Hoegaarden, Landen en Zoutleeuw zijn dan weer Haspengouws. De afbakening door de vakgroep Geografie aan de Universiteit Gent onder leiding van Marc Antrop (Studie: Traditionele Landschappen in Vlaanderen[3]) leunt dichter aan bij de realiteit omdat ze geen rekening houdt met organisatorisch-commerciële doeleinden; voor Het Hageland wordt de volgende definitie gehanteerd onder "structurele hoofdkenmerken": Heuvelland met parallelle structuur van (beboste) ruggen en valleien met rijbewoning op de overgang. Subeenheden bepaald door de bodem-gesteldheid; het zuidelijk deel gaat geleidelijk over in de Brabantse en Haspengouwse leemplateaus; duidelijke begrenzingen door de valleien van de Dijle en Gete.
September 16, 2016 02:07PM
Hi,

I was thinking about a checker like the 360° that was made for The Netherlands and Sweden, but this for the region Hageland.

This are the 'towns' that are part of this Hageland (20 towns)
Aarschot, Begijnendijk,
Bekkevoort, Bierbeek,
Boutersem, Diest,
Geetbets, Glabbeek,
Hoegaarden, Holsbeek,
Kortenaken, Landen,
Linter, Lubbeek,
Rotselaar,
Scherpenheuvel-Zichem,
Tielt-Winge, Tienen,
Tremelo, Zoutleeuw.

Thanks in advance.
Note: I haven't mentioned the GC code as I haven't made the listing yet, just wanted to be sure of this is possible.
If the checker has been made I'll create the page, or do I need to make the GC page so the checker can be made for this GC code?

Randy
September 16, 2016 02:23PM
The checker is made but awaiting the GCcode

To publish the challenge you have to fulfill your own challenge

Therefor you are still missing
Begijnendijk
Rotselaar
Tremelo
September 16, 2016 03:23PM
Do you whant a challeng for one find per county or one for a 360° challenge?

I am not sure the 360° is allowed anymore with the rule against custom polygons
September 16, 2016 05:14PM
vogelbird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The checker is made but awaiting the GCcode
>
> To publish the challenge you have to fulfill your
> own challenge
>
> Therefor you are still missing
> Begijnendijk
> Rotselaar
> Tremelo

I know so that's why I haven't made the GC code yet.
Will let you know once I found a cache in this region.

Or can I make the listing and give you the GC code but still keep the publishing of the listing on hold?

Randy
September 16, 2016 05:17PM
You can make the listing and wait with submission to a reviewer till you found the caches
September 17, 2016 12:08PM
Just made the page, the GC code is:
GC6T4MF

I also found some new caches in this regions, can someone check what's still missing.

Thanks
September 17, 2016 12:16PM
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6T4MF/22740

You can now check you own score
September 17, 2016 12:18PM
Thanks, is a daily update needed as this regions are still missing and I just found them today.
September 17, 2016 12:27PM
You might need the self support botton on the top righthand of the page to refresh you data.
But you can better wait 24 hrs before using this as the data is refreshed ones every 24 hrs.
If the data is not refreshed use the self support but you can only use this ones a week
September 17, 2016 02:48PM
It is not refreshed every 24 hours. But it might take 24 hour or more to detect new logs.
You can force it in self support by refrshing all your finds och refresh the relevant caches by gc code.
The former can only be done once per week but refresh by gc code has no or a high limit.
September 19, 2016 10:25AM
You now qualify for the challenge.

Please confirm if this thread can be moved to "ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)"
September 19, 2016 11:28AM
yes this can be moved to the archive, thanks everyone!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login