To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge checker request for GC7FXTB

[Resolved] Challenge checker request for GC7FXTB
December 10, 2017 08:25PM
Hello,

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to write a challenge checker for GC7FXTB.

The challenge is to qualify as a black belter as defined in the profile stats of Project Geocaching, under the BagdeGen tab.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated,

Killakul
December 10, 2017 09:03PM
Reviewer here. The problem with your design is that the belt system takes into account several factors which are not valid for challenge caches. These include hiding caches (and earning favorite points on those caches), hosting events, finding large numbers of caches in a single day, being "first to find," uploading photos, moving trackables, etc. And, since earning gemstones also earn points towards a belt, any badge categories that are based on impermissible challenge criteria also cannot count.

It is possible to construct a challenge that mimics the belt criteria, but using only permissible challenge achievements (finding caches, caching on many calendar days, finding 5/5 caches, finding caches with many D/T combinations, etc. You'd need to specify those criteria one at a time, along with the required numbers of finds in each category.
December 10, 2017 09:52PM
Thanks for prompt turn around. I will redesign the cache and return at a later point in time with an updated version.
December 14, 2017 09:28PM
Hello,

I have redesigned the cache such that one now needs to have found and logged 6 different caches in 6 different countries. All cache types, excluding events hosted by oneself and labcaches, are included.

Is it possible for someone to write such a challenge checker?

Season’s Greetings,

Killakul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 09:37PM by Killakul. (view changes)
December 14, 2017 10:31PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7FXTB/30752

Please confirm that this is the checker you require
December 16, 2017 12:31AM
Dear Vogelbird,

The checker seems to be what I was looking for. Thanks a million. :)

Season’s greetings,

Killakul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login