To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6KX8K/GC6KX8M - Star Soup Variations
June 19, 2016 04:53PM
I want to create two new challenges that are variations of an existing challenge: Star Soup Challenge Bonus. This existing challenge is somewhat complex and does not have a checker associated with it. But its simpler variations do have checkers. For example, the 5-Star Soup Challenge has this checker.

My two new challenges will not be as complex as the Star Soup Challenge Bonus, but they probably will be more complex than the currently existing Star Soup variations.

GC6KX8K will be called "Star Soup Difficulties: An Iconic Challenge." To qualify, a geocacher must find the following 53 caches:
* 8 different cache types with a 1.0-star difficulty rating.
* 7 different cache types with a 1.5-star difficulty rating.
* 7 different cache types with a 2.0-star difficulty rating.
* 6 different cache types with a 2.5-star difficulty rating.
* 6 different cache types with a 3.0-star difficulty rating.
* 6 different cache types with a 3.5-star difficulty rating.
* 5 different cache types with a 4.0-star difficulty rating.
* 4 different cache types with a 4.5-star difficulty rating.
* 4 different cache types with a 5.0-star difficulty rating.

GC6KX8M will be called "Star Soup Terrains: An Iconic Challenge." To qualify, a geocacher must find the following 53 caches:
* 8 different cache types with a 1.0-star terrain rating.
* 7 different cache types with a 1.5-star terrain rating.
* 7 different cache types with a 2.0-star terrain rating.
* 6 different cache types with a 2.5-star terrain rating.
* 6 different cache types with a 3.0-star terrain rating.
* 6 different cache types with a 3.5-star terrain rating.
* 5 different cache types with a 4.0-star terrain rating.
* 4 different cache types with a 4.5-star terrain rating.
* 4 different cache types with a 5.0-star terrain rating.

I have fulfilled both of these new challenges.

In the future, I might wish to create new challenges with an increased number of different cache types needed to qualify (e.g, 5 different cache types with a 4.5-star difficulty rating and 5 different cache types with a 5.0-star difficulty rating).

Thanks for considering this proposal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 04:58PM by CanadianRockies. (view changes)
Re: GC6KX8K/GC6KX8M - Star Soup Variations
June 19, 2016 05:24PM
Here are the two checkers
GC6KX8K - "Star Soup Difficulties: An Iconic Challenge." - http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6KX8K/21553
GC6KX8M - "Star Soup Terrains: An Iconic Challenge." - http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6KX8M/21554

They are on a different script than you suggested because of the multiple functions
June 20, 2016 12:49AM
And since it's so similar, I've tagged the Star Soup Challenge Bonus with the same script.
June 20, 2016 04:13PM
Many thanks, vogelbird, for the quick turnaround. The two new tags seem to do just what I need them to do.

And thanks, sumbloke, for tagging the Bonus challenge.
June 21, 2016 12:32AM
The extra requirement of not counting events needs a slight adjustment to the script itself. I've contacted Target to make that adjustment and changed the tag to match the suggested adjustment so once he's made it the tag will match the challenge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login