To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker request for GC58KB5

[Resolved] Checker request for GC58KB5
July 18, 2020 09:03PM
Hi there, is it possible to write a checker for GC58KB5 please, published before the new guidelines?

Requirements:

- find five different church micros, each of which must have an official CM number
- of five different types (from Traditional/Multi/Letterbox/Puzzle/WherIGo/Earth Cache/Virtual)
- by five different owners
- in five different United Kingdom counties
- and placed (hidden) in five different months, irrespective of year (ie Jan - Dec)

Many thanks,

Alan (Team Hippo)
Re: Checker request for GC58KB5
July 19, 2020 09:56AM
A special script has to be written for this challenge. But don't hold your breath because scriptwriters might not spend time on this because a challenge like this is not allowed anymore under the current guidelines.
July 19, 2020 10:09AM
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully somebody will find the time and inclination!
July 19, 2020 06:24PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC58KB5/53031

However, due to the complexity of the requirements may produce false negatives.
That complexity also makes it hard to present users with a "You lack X to quality", so I'm not going to do that.
The code is also quite bad, as I just cba to make a better version (a crapload of more or less duplicate code).

It uses the bookmarklists from this page http://www.15ddv.me.uk/geo/cm/index.html#bookmarklists
So when there are more bookmarklists added in the future, they'll have to be added to the tag config (when another ~800 are archived, or another ~600 created).
Anyone just have to let me know when that happens and I'll update the tag (or if I'm no longer active, someone has to clone the tag and update it).
July 20, 2020 08:26AM
Thank you - that's much appreciated!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login