To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6M4TE

[Resolved] GC6M4TE
June 21, 2016 11:28AM
GC6M4TE- Awesome Log Challenge,

Hi I require a challenge checker that can confirm if a person has created an online log 400 words or more.

I cant find a similar challenge but I think its possible because this particular stat is available on project-gc and I can see it for anyone who hasn't hidden their stats.

Thanks
June 21, 2016 12:16PM
June 21, 2016 12:34PM
Wow that was quick thanks you guys are awesome
June 21, 2016 12:54PM
I wonder if this cache will get published...

(Criterium 10 - acceptable: Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.)
June 21, 2016 05:55PM
There is nothing in the not acceptable conditions and I have seen these challenges before to encourage cachers to write a bit more than only TFTC
June 21, 2016 11:55PM
One question regarding this checker, does it include 'write note' and 'dnf' logs?
I am happy either way but need to know for my cache page info
June 22, 2016 03:27AM
It looks like this checker (like most) only checks finds ("Found it", "Attended" or "Webcam Photo Taken")
June 25, 2016 11:36AM
It seems my reviewer thinks the container is the same as the contents, see his response to not publishing below

'Hi
Length of logs is 'log content' so this challenge cannot be published.
It is the finding of caches that become the achievement not what actually is in the log which is why #10 exists.
Regards'

Rule 10 says you can base a challenge on the type of log not on its contents. I take this to mean that my challenge is a type of log (longer - min words 400) and should be acceptable , wheres as requesting for specific content (ie FTF log) would be unacceptable.
I am therefore asking for a minimum amount of content, not what the content is, am i misinterpreting the rule?

Is there a process to have my case taken further or is it going to be too much trouble?
June 25, 2016 06:50PM
I would like to know what The Leprechauns thinks about this one, he is a volunteer reviewer.
June 26, 2016 09:03AM
I am not a reviewer.
My interpretation of that is that the content of the log can be used in any way.
You can can not words/characters or look for specific words.

If you thing about why a rule likt that would exist you might understand why.
I suspect the reason for it is that groundspeek don't want long meaningless logs on the caches with copy&paste text. They are meaningless for everyone. Except for the wordcount for the one that have posted it.
Longer meningsfull logs are nice but even low required lengths might result in edited old logs with copy&paste to meet challenges.
I agree that it it better that it it not allowed.
I would also argue to remove the badgen badges for author for the same reason

FTF is explicitly not allowed in 14. Positive Challenge Criteria not acceptable part
June 26, 2016 11:40AM
I have taken note Target. , i wouldn't have edited my own log and hadn't even considered it would happen but the more I think about it the more I don't want to do this anymore, it was an honest idea but I can now see there could be a number of issues
I will be editing and modifying the cache page and it will no longer be a challenge cache, please remove, delete or whatever needs to be done to the challenge checker as i assume when this cache is published as a normal traditional the checker will still link to it.
Many thanks again to the creator and sorry for taking up your time. Many thanks to all who have given me feedback.

Btw what is the reference to 'badgen badges' it sounds ominous?

Happy caching
June 26, 2016 11:44AM
In your project-gc ProfileStats, there's a tab for Badgegen. The Badgegen system was started as a macro for GSAK, awarding different levels of badges for different levels of achievement (for example, "The Geocacher" badge, bronze level is awarded after 400 finds). Project-gc re-implements most of these badges. They are somewhat similar to challenge caches, but do not require you to find a cache to log (and have multiple levels).
June 26, 2016 11:48AM
I cant see that any checker has been created. And it will be autodisabled when project-gc detect that it is not a mystery with challenge in the title.

It is no problem asking for a checker. Please feel free to ask again if you have a new idea.

Badegen is a macro fro GSAK for stat generation that is alos implemnted on project-gc
yours are at this link http://project-gc.com/Statistics/ProfileStats#BadgeGen
"The Author" is for log length and is a reason for long copy&past logs in my opinion
June 26, 2016 03:43PM
Checker is deleted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login