To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: request for checker for GC6MD1K 366 published dates

[Resolved] request for checker for GC6MD1K 366 published dates
June 26, 2016 01:41PM
GC6MD1K is asking for finds of caches (excluding events and placed after Sep. 1st 2005) completing all 366 possible "published dates" as opposed to "placed dates". The relevant date is the date the "publish listing log" got published.
Through manual control I can prove that I meet this challenge myself.
Thank you for directing me to an existing checker or for creating a new one.
Best regards
Ralph aka Kuschelchen
June 26, 2016 08:10PM
I made a checker but I am not happy about the output.
If I use the checker with your name, you fail by one day but it's too difficult to detect which date is missing.
If I remove the hidden date 2005-09-01 then your passing the checker.

Here are two checker
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6MD1K/21686 this is with the hidden date 2005-09-01 included
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6MD1K/21687 this is without the hidden date.
June 26, 2016 09:09PM
hi Vogelbird, first of all thank you very much for your unbelievably prompt reply to my request. Terrific! Thank you for your effort. Like you say, there seems to be a glitch. Checker 1 (the one excluding pre 1.9.05 finds) is producing a list of 365 diferrent GCcodes, suggesting I might have 365 different "publish dates". However, within that list 365 caches, some publish dates occur twice - which means that other ones have to be missing. For instance. GC234MK and GC44NC2 were both published on Jan. 20th 2010 and 2013 respectively. Can you share with me a more complete output of your checker, i.e. gccode + presumed publish date so that I can try to spot the mistake?
In any event, I am really impressed with your speedy reply on a Sunday. Thanks a lot.
Ralph aka Kuschelchen
June 26, 2016 10:45PM
I am modifying the calendar checker so the output will be nice
Is the following requirement correct?
(excluding events and placed after Sep. 1st 2005)
I excluded all hidden after that date and got only 9 instead of 366 dates?
Is it "All caches excluding events. Only caches placed after Sep. 1st 2005"

Why dou you have that date there at all?
Is that not the when the published logs started to appear?
There will be caches with a hidden date before Sep. 1st 2005 that was published later and they will then be ignored.

I would be better just to say only caches with a published log is allowed.
That has to be the case since else there will be no data. Som newer caches have no publish logs. I thin the CO can remove them

It is the latest publish date that will be used because som caches have multiple publish logs
June 26, 2016 10:50PM
The modified calendar checker
http://project-gc.com/Challenges//21689
It does not have the strange cutoff date and i will add the GC code it is correct
June 27, 2016 06:21AM
hi Target, thank you also for your rapid support on this one. The output is nice!
I am happy to adopt your suggestion. My challenge requirement will now say:
"demonstrate that you have found caches with all possible 366 different publish dates (month+day). Event caches and most caches published before Sep. '05 do not have a publish log. The checker will ignore these. In case a cache has more than one publish log (which does occur in rare instances) the last publish date will be taken into consideration."
thanks again!
Ralph aka Kuschelchen
June 27, 2016 07:41AM
Nice output Target, I have removed the checkers based on the easy tagging script
June 27, 2016 08:08AM
GC code added.
And I arrived the thread
June 27, 2016 08:16AM
Thank you one more time, Target.
Could you just
- reset the counters (met / not met) to zero,
- perhaps add a title like "366 publish dates"?
Thanks & best regards
Ralph aka Kuschelchen
June 27, 2016 08:37AM
The title will be added automatically when the cache is published and detected by project-gc.

The counters cant be zeroed. It does not work like the geocheckers. They are autorun for paying members and no numbers are added.
And reviewers might use it to checker that you and other passes the requirements
June 27, 2016 08:39AM
OK, thanks.
August 29, 2016 11:11AM
I was extremely happy to have this checker (GC6MD1K) programmed in a very short period of time. Some users, though, are reporting difficulties. I have two users that say "on day one I got the checker green. On day two - a few days later - the result was "red" again. One or even two dates that were previously reported "found" were now lacking.

Question: Could you check for this type of error? Conceivably, it occurs when caches get archived. So as if they were not looked at any more.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Ralph aka Kuschelchen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login