To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Another challenge chesker request for voglebird

[Resolved] Another challenge chesker request for voglebird
April 29, 2018 06:56AM
GC7MXA1 - The U. S. Time Zone Challenge - 1959 Edition

Voglebird, here is my other “Zone” challenge. It is just the same as the "4 zone" challenge except I added Hawaii and Alaska. Thanks for your help on this project. -Marty

Hawaiian (1)
Hawaii

Alaskan (1)
Alaska

Pacific (4)
California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington

Mountain (7)
Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New México, Utah, and Wyoming.

Central (16)
Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Texas.

Eastern (22 - including D.C.)
Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
April 29, 2018 10:13AM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7MXA1/34496

Question
1. both checkers are on the same GCcode . Please tell me the correct listing codes
2. On this checker I noticed that you are missing a zone , please tell me how many zones a cacher must have found
April 29, 2018 07:08PM
voglebird,

The checker for 4 zones (GC7MX9W) requires 1 cache in each zone to be found. (4 caches total.)

The checker for 6 zones (GC7MXA1) requires 1 cache in each zone to be found. (6 caches total.)

Thank you for being so patient.

Marty

PS: Can I ask where you live? I'm just wondering what time of the day it is for you when I am making requests.
April 29, 2018 07:13PM
I'm living in Europe

Can you answer my second question?
April 29, 2018 08:32PM
Can you tell me which cache you found in Alaska
April 29, 2018 07:56PM
I thought that I did. 1 cache has to be found in each zone.

The 4 "zone" challenge (GC7MX9W) requires 1 cache in each zone to be found. (4 caches total.)

The 6 "zone" challenge (GC7MXA1) requires 1 cache in each zone to be found. (6 caches total.)

Marty
(I'm a 79 year old great-grandfather living in Central Oregon.)
April 30, 2018 01:08AM
You had me puzzled on that question about Alaska because I stopped in Skagway while I was on a cruise and remembered logging a Virtual cache. However, after checking my files I couldn't find it. I must have gathered the information but didn't log it because of the busy activities. I went back through my notes and photographs and sent the required info to the cache owner and explained what happened. This was his response:

Hi Porky,
I had a great time on my cruise to Alaska. That was back in 2003, and I set up the virtual in downtown Skagway then.
Sure, go ahead and log it. Your information is correct and I enjoyed the pictures.
Pete of two for the road,
Merced, CA

I have logged the cache, so things should check out now. It's a good thing this mistake was corrected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login