To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker request for GC4RZH9 - ITALIAN ISLES CHALLENGE

[Resolved] Checker request for GC4RZH9 - ITALIAN ISLES CHALLENGE
May 24, 2016 06:12PM
Hello, can anybody make a checker for it

Greetings from South Tyrol - Italy

ZerminigerFour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 06:15AM by ZerminigerFour. (view changes)
May 24, 2016 09:35PM
I'm aware of this challenge but the polygon checker cannot handel the conditions of the challenge.
The checker can do the first 15 islands, no problem but the second list 4 out of 8 islands is a problem. The checker can be set that you must have 19 island but this does not mean that the first 15 are in the result..

So at the moment it is not possible to use the polygon checker unless the CO alters his conditions
May 25, 2016 08:47AM
... or if someone improves the script.

So technically it's possible, but it might be hard to find someone who wants to spend time on it.
June 08, 2016 09:27PM
I've already looked to this challenge some time ago, but I've found that no one has found it yet. So I've see that the checker is not need. However, now, as there is the request, I can modify my checker for this challenge. Once I'll found a bit of time, I'll do it.
June 08, 2016 09:28PM
status changed
April 17, 2017 10:32AM
Do the polygons exist for this one?
April 18, 2017 09:07AM
The polygon exists only on OSM. I've tried to extract something, but hopelessly there are a lot of work not only on extract polygons, but also on modify the checker to check multiply polygons.
The problem is, that the polygon from OSM is not simple polygon, but a set of polygons (one object, in this case the isle, can be defined by 2 or more distinct polygons) and also by set of excluded polygons (a hole inside the polygon).
It's impossible to verify by hand the polygons exported by osm, so the checker should accept exactly this complex format.
The procedure for extract polygon from OSM has few parameters for simplify the polygons (raw polygons has about milion points), so you should find a compromise.

here is the polygon creator:
http://polygons.openstreetmap.fr/index.py
April 18, 2017 10:27AM
If I use the same setup for the polygons as for the script "Generic Poly Checker with open polygon support(by sloth96)" the json file will only take me a couple of hours.

sloth96 can this script be altered for the challenge?
April 18, 2017 12:33PM
I believe it can be altered. I just need to divide the list and run two checks.

A couple of hours sound like much work.
April 18, 2017 01:08PM
If I get the time I'll work on it tonight but it will take a couple of days before it is uploaded into the system
April 27, 2017 12:56AM
Howdy,

Here is a checker for this one.

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4RZH9/26192

I do not have an example of anyone who has completed it. Running it with janko42 the co only has a partial completion.

The polygons look spot on.

Feedback appreciated.
April 27, 2017 05:54AM
Wow. Great work!
Complimenti.
April 27, 2017 10:18AM
The heavy lifting prize goes to vogelbird for the polygons. The rest is window dressing.
May 01, 2017 08:10PM
Moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login