To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Change in checker requirements for GC7MBY8

[Resolved] Change in checker requirements for GC7MBY8
May 28, 2018 09:52PM
Originally this challenge was "Log 10 Different Icons" but that didn't seem like much of a challenge, so I have changed it.
Currently there is a checker on the page that just looks for 10 icons.
Can that be modified to require 5 Icons in "Each of 10 Different States"?
If not I'll just archive the unpublished cache and start over because I don't know how to remove a checker once it is imbedded on the page.
Thanks for whatever information you can give me.
May 28, 2018 10:19PM
Unfortunately this script is not suitable for your new conditions. I will have to issue a new checker but it is easy to replace the checker on your listing. You will have to rewrite your listing anyway. Please advice if you want to alter your challenge.
May 29, 2018 04:35PM
Hi Voglebird,

Yes, I do want to change it.
Now the new title is: Challenge - 5 Icons in Each of 10 Different States
The current requirements are now:
Find 5 different Icons in each of 10 different states or provinces.

So, that would include all 50 US states (plus DC too, I guess) and all the provinces/territories in Canada.
When you get it finished do I just substitute the new link in place of the old one?

Thanks,
Marty
aka Porkwatch
May 29, 2018 04:52PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7MBY8/35100

I tested the checker with carnigrewal because you do not fulfill yet.
I deleted the old checker

Please test and tell me if this is what you require
May 29, 2018 05:12PM
That should do the trick.

I'm going on a road trip to Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, and Ontario starting on June 8th. My brother, son, and daughter will meet me there for our 3rd annual road trip. I am expecting that in the 2 weeks we will be caching that I will meet the requirements in those additional states and province in addition to the 9 I currently have.

I couldn't tell looking at the results if you have included Events. If so (and I hope you did) I don't want it to include more than 1 type of event per state. In other words, an Event Cache, Cache In Trash Out Event, Giga-Event Cache, Lost and Found Event Cache, and a Mega-Event Cache. are all just types of an Event and should only be counted once per state.

I feel confident that you already programmed it that way, but I just wanted to check. if you can verify that then I'll copy/paste the checker in my challenge page and activate it when I qualify

Thanks again,
Marty
May 29, 2018 07:43PM
Sorry with this script I can only exclude all the event cache types or include them..
Would it be possible to allow for
"types":[ "Traditional Cache", "Unknown Cache", "Multi-cache", "Earthcache", "Letterbox Hybrid", "Virtual Cache", "Wherigo Cache", "Webcam Cache", "GPS Adventures Exhibit", "Project APE Cache", "Groundspeak HQ", ] only as your required quantity is only 5 types
May 29, 2018 08:59PM
Hello,
I think I'll just use it as it is. I can't imagine anybody having several event icons without having 4 others to go with them.
I have already put the checker on the page. If I add my 10th state while I'm on my road trip (and I will) I'll activate it then.
Thanks for all of your help - past, present, and no doubt into the future.
Marty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login