To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Check modification for GC7RP9J

[Resolved] Check modification for GC7RP9J
July 02, 2018 10:29AM
At the moment the checker previously supplied requires a cache to be found in125 out of 129 council areas in NSW.
Does it include grandfathered caches? If not, could it please be modified to include these?

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7RP9J/35865

Thank you.
July 02, 2018 10:51AM
You mean archived caches? I don't see any reason (code or otherwise) why they won't be included. Do you have any cases where they're excluded? If so, please provide their GC handle so I can check.
July 02, 2018 11:04AM
This cache was put in for review and the reviewer has this concern. The following is the what reviewer wrote back to us.

"I'm also concerned that this challenge as it stands is time limited and excludes some valid finds prior to May 12th 2016 to the detriment of those who have been caching for more than two years.
H.Q. allows for the grandfathering of caches and finds. You need to provide a checker that takes this into account."
July 02, 2018 11:09AM
There are no time limits of any type in the checker. So not sure where the 12 May 2016 comes from, unless you have that in the cache description? If you have 12 May 2016 in your cache description, you will have to remove that, since that's not allowed as per the current challenge cache guidelines The checker as provided will search through ALL the user's finds, regardless of date of find or whether the caches have since been archived or not.
July 07, 2018 10:17PM
Thanks for the checker. Unfortunately the reviewer won't publish it as nobody else qualifies - yet.
July 08, 2018 03:27AM
So do we leave the checker in place until somebody qualifies? Or will you not publish this cache in the future?
July 08, 2018 11:12AM
We have decided to lower the required number for this cache so this checker will no longer be required.
Could a new checker please be created to make the number needed 110 out of 129 LGA areas in NSW.
Thank you.
July 08, 2018 11:16AM
I've modified the checker from 125 to 110. Same checker URL.
July 08, 2018 11:26AM
Have tried the checker out and it works fine.
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login