To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: The Presidential Challenge - GC7N3EY

[Awaiting feedback] The Presidential Challenge - GC7N3EY
July 18, 2018 11:13PM
These are the requirements for 'The Presidential Challenge' - GC7N3EY:

For this challenge you must find a cache in each of 15 different US counties (or Louisiana Parishes), named with the last name of 15 different former US Presidents.
If you choose to use two different presidents with the same last name (Adams, Harrison, Roosevelt, Johnson, & Bush), you must use two DIFFERENT states (i.e. Adams Co PA, and Adams Co ID). Although there are 31 states with counties named Washington, you may only count one of them towards this challenge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There IS a checker that should work for this, and I know that I can clone it. The problem us that 3 times when I tried to use it to see where I stood, I got an error message.

I don't currently qualify for this cache, but I have some friends that do. They said if I wrote it they would adopt it.

Thanks
July 18, 2018 11:30PM
Firstly, you will not be allowed to publish this challenge if you don't qualify. Guideline 6 states:

Challenge cache owners must show that they have met the challenge.

That being said, could you please provide a link to the existing checker so that I can have a look at the error?
July 18, 2018 11:57PM
I'm aware of the qualification requirements... thanks. I'm writing this for some friends that qualify, but they didn't want to jump through the hoops to get it written/published.

The checker that keeps failing is GC7FR3G.
This is what it said a minute ago: Error Failed to execute script 5

As I said, I would clone it, but I don't want to clone a checker that fails from time to time.

Thanks.
July 19, 2018 12:09AM
"Failed to execute script 5" is normally what you get when you mistype the caching handle (it's case sensitive). Please check the spelling of the handle(s) where it's failing and/or give us the handle(s) if it still fails.
July 19, 2018 12:12AM
It's the case sensitive thing. I didn't know that.
However, Geo-names themselves aren't case sensitive are they?
You can't have a Porkwatch and a Porkwatch. (I don't think.)
July 19, 2018 12:18AM
Well, those 2x Porkwatch is spelt exactly the same, so no, you can't have two of those. :) Unsure what the HQ policy is on caching handles with different case, but I do know that on Project-GC you have to spell it exactly the same as it is on GC.
July 19, 2018 01:19AM
So, if that checker works OK I'll just clone it and send the cache to my friends to adopt. I'm sure it meets my requirements.
Thanks
October 09, 2018 10:24AM
I assume this request is closed and move this to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login