To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: request checker fro GC22BGG

[Resolved] request checker fro GC22BGG
July 17, 2016 12:10PM
Massachusetts Alphabet Soup
This challenge requires you to find caches starting with each letter of the alphabet. All finds must be in Massachusetts, and on or after 12/25/2009. Punctuation in the name is ignored. Thank You!
July 17, 2016 02:47PM
It cant be done correctly
Archived and disabled caches count (so long as they are archived or disabled AFTER you have made your find). As long as you found the cache, logged a smiley, and it was within the state, it counts.

Archived is possible if it only have been archived once but there is no information when a cache has been disabled
July 17, 2016 04:39PM
So there is no API for dealing with disabled/enabled logs? I would love to have a checker for this even if it is not perfect. Could we somehow ignore the disabled part? Seems like the vast majority of finds would not fall into this category. Otherwise it is a very tedious prospect to create such a list. Perhaps the output could mention that it does not check this part of the challenge.
July 18, 2016 06:49AM
The disable/enable log can be removed by CO and if a found/disabled is on the same day you cant know the difference.
The incorrect checker is easy to add but I noticed that you are not the CO and would not tag it with a incorrect checker.
It will also be autodisabled because it is missing checker in the name but i think there is a list for old challenges

Please ask the CO if should be associated with the challenge
the ok types are for some reason "Letterbox Hybrid" was not in the list even if it is not a event.
The first to of "; just no locationless, traveling, or event caches." i also ignored

"types": [
"Traditional Cache",
"Unknown Cache",
"Multi-cache",
"Earthcache",
"Virtual Cache",
"Wherigo Cache",
"Webcam Cache"
]

http://project-gc.com/Challenges//21931
July 19, 2016 11:23PM
Thanks! I sent the CO a note, but have not heard back, not sure I will. Having this checker over none seems like a big win! Personally, I'd love to see it tagged for this cache.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login