To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6P2T1 - 8 of the 10 oldest caches in Scott Co IA

[Resolved] GC6P2T1 - 8 of the 10 oldest caches in Scott Co IA
July 26, 2016 12:00AM
Requesting a challenge checker for GC6P2T1 - Scott County's Oldest Caches Challenge. This is a new unpublished cache. Logging requirements: cacher must have found (or own) 8 out of the 10 oldest active caches in Scott County, IA, USA. I qualify for this challenge as I have found all 10. GC codes for the 10 are listed on the cache page, and I'll list them here as well:

GC99DC, GCA0CE, GCA0D0, GCB390, GCBD99, GCC0A8, GCCEBC, GCD053, GCE61E, GCEC00

Thanks in advance!
July 26, 2016 05:13AM
Here you go: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6P2T1/22031

I've tagged it on the assumption you will allow the cache owners to count their caches (could be a bit rough on them otherwise). Let me know if you want that changed.
July 26, 2016 07:42AM
My script can be configured another way. That you have to find 8 of the 10 oldest caches that you done own.
That is it possible for all to find and all need 8 old finds of the oldest not owned caches.

There is one other thing to perhaps change. Why only active caches?
That will result that if one of the oldest is archived you will go from pass the challenge to fail.
The script can include archived finds that would be on the list if they would be active.

The tag is missing ignore disabled caches. They cant be required to be found in a new challenge and shall be excluded if they are not found. It it necessary for it to follow the guidelines.

You are allowed to include archived/disabled caches in challenges but cant require them to be found. If you think about it they are include in have 1000 finds / fill the DT matrix, have a 365 days streak.
August 03, 2016 08:55PM
Thank you both for the help. I used the checker from sumbloke (yes, I did want owners to be able include their own/adopted caches....perfect), but Target did bring up a point I hadn't considered- I would be fine with including archived caches, as long as they were older than the youngest cache on my list. If someone would like to update the checker to include these, I'll use it. A big thanks for your work and suggestions!
August 24, 2016 02:23PM
Challenge is published and request moved to archived requests
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login