To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker for GC7WHQZ - 25 finds in each of 2 types in each of 5 states.

Is this possible since it combines types and states? Desired requirement is to have 25 finds in each of the same 2 types of geocaches in 5 different states.
Thanks for your help.
January 08, 2019 07:10AM
Are the types going to be predetermined by the challenge... or is it ANY 2 types as long as there are 25 in 5 states?
January 08, 2019 10:19AM
Any two types, as long as it is the same two types in 5 states.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 01:43PM by 2wheels4cache. (view changes)
January 09, 2019 12:04PM
Is it easier if I have particular types required? I have no idea how to write the checker programs or what makes it more difficult. If is would be easier if specific types are required, let's go with requiring 25 of traditional and 25 of mysteries in the same 5 states. I can rewrite the description on the cache to make it be that way if that would make it easier for you. Just let me know.
January 10, 2019 06:03AM
Its no problem, I am trying to do it now.... I thought if it was fixed types a checker script may already exist, but I didnt find one
January 10, 2019 08:29AM
Checker is done.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7WHQZ/39387

Can you please test it and get back to us. Tough Challenge!!! I am nowhere near qualifying!
January 10, 2019 04:42PM
Thanks for the checker.
It works for people who have less than 20.000 finds, For people with significantly more finds, it produces the results:

Error Failed to execute script 5
Execution time (s)
Peak memory usage (kB)
Error message
Execution status

Is there a cut off on number of finds the checker will work with?

EDIT: Number of finds does not seem to be the issue, but a several names turn this up this error message. What does that mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 05:19PM by 2wheels4cache. (view changes)
January 10, 2019 08:34PM
It would be either a memory issue or time issue. Scripts have at most 60 seconds to run before being stopped.

I will have a look and see if I can determine exactly why and see if I can modify the scripts algorithms to make it more memory/time efficient
January 10, 2019 08:54PM
Hmmm, I tried it with all the names I know, the ones with the most finds:

Australian team with 33,000 finds. Script returned in 0.8 seconds (success)
A Swede with 77,000 finds, Script returned after 44 seconds (failure)

I am going to switch the logic a little, and see what happens.
Hmmmm, I couldn't get better results, and of course while testing and creating new scripts...

Can you send me names of people that caused the error.
January 11, 2019 12:48AM
I agree it was time. They took more than the 60 seconds. When I tried just now, they worked, so maybe the internet connection was going faster this evening. DSL speed varies around here.

Thanks for all the help! It will work fine.

I increased the difficulty level of the challenge since you mentioned it is difficult. Since I met the challenge I assumed it was not that difficult. Thanks for the feedback and all your time and effort.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login