To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC85DDZ Durham Region Bingo Challenge

[Resolved] GC85DDZ Durham Region Bingo Challenge
March 28, 2019 08:46PM
I am not sure if it is possible to create a checker for this challenge but I would like to create a Bingo card where you have to complete the card by finding different caches in the 8 Municipalities of Durham Region, Ontario Canada.
The checker would need to sort out cache finds based on their location within Durham Region, by type, date placed, and some by attributes.

It would include the following.

1. Find one cache in each of the 8 different Durham Region Municipalities (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Clarington, Uxbridge, Brock and Scugog)

2. Have found 10 caches with the Scenic View attribute anywhere in Durham Region
3. Have found 50 caches anywhere in Durham Region during the months of April through June of any year
4. Have Found 15 Earthcaches anywhere in Durham Region
5. Have found 5 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2005
6. Have found 20 Mystery type caches and at least 5 must be from a different Durham Region Municipality
7. Have attended one CITO located anywhere in Durham Region
8. Have found 3 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2003
9. Have found 1 caches anywhere in Durham Region with the Night Cache attribute
10. Have found 10 caches anywhere in Durham Region that are listed as size LARGE
11. Have found 5 caches anywhere in Durham Region with the Medium Hike (1-10km) icon
12. Have Found 5 letterbox caches and at least 3 must be from a different Durham Region Municipality
13. Have found one Virtual Cache anywhere in Durham Region
14. Have Found 3 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2004
15. Have found 30 caches anywhere in Durham Region during the months of October through December of any year
16. Have Attended an Event anywhere in Durham Region
17. Have found at least 3 Wherigo caches from anywhere in Durham Region
18.Have found 5 caches with the Field Puzzle attribute anywhere in Durham Region
19.Have found 25 caches with a boat attribute anywhere in Durham Region
20. Have found 10 caches anywhere in Durham Region with at least 25 favorite points
21. Have found 3 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2002
22. Have found 200 Traditional caches anywhere in Durham Region
23. Have found 8 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2006
24. Have found 30 Caches anywhere in Durham Region during the months of January through March of any year
25. Have found 25 multi stage caches and at least 5 must be from a different Durham Region Municipality

If it is not possible to sort by the 8 different municipalities, I could change the challenge to just finding those cache types within Durham Region
March 28, 2019 09:11PM
A bingo card is certainly possible, but what I dont think is possible is drilling down to the municipality level. (edit: I may be wrong... wouldnt be the first time :-))

We can do: Country, Region, County..... and Durham is a County.

I cant see any issues with any of the other requirements. I assume that a cacher needs 5 in a row....including diagonals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 09:11PM by GreyHams. (view changes)
March 28, 2019 09:36PM
I will change the requirements to finding caches anywhere in Durham Region and take out the different municipality questions.

The requirement would be to fill the Bingo card, not just get one entire row. I will update the requirements and send the request for a checker again with the changes.
March 30, 2019 12:01AM
I have updated the requirements for this challenge in the BINGO card to remove the requirement of finding caches in different municipalities. Now all of the caches can be found anywhere in Durham Region. I know I am qualified and am familiar with a number of people who also meet this challenge. Can you make up a challenge checker with these requirements.

1. Have found one Virtual cache anywhere in Durham Region
2. Have found 10 caches with the Scenic View attribute anywhere in Durham Region
3. Have found 50 caches anywhere in Durham Region during the months of April through June of any year
4. Have Found 15 Earthcaches anywhere in Durham Region
5. Have found 5 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2005
6. Have found 20 Mystery type caches anywhere in Durham Region
7. Have attended one CITO located anywhere in Durham Region
8. Have found 3 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2003
9. Have found 1 caches anywhere in Durham Region with the Night Cache attribute
10. Have found 10 caches anywhere in Durham Region that are listed as size LARGE
11. Have found 5 caches anywhere in Durham Region with the Medium Hike (1-10km) icon
12. Have Found 5 letterbox caches anywhere in Durham Region
13 Have found 25 caches anywhere in Durham Region listed as a size Regular
14. Have Found 3 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2004
15. Have found 30 caches anywhere in Durham Region during the months of October through December of any year
16. Have Attended 5 Events anywhere in Durham Region
17. Have found at least 5 Wherigo caches from anywhere in Durham Region
18. Have found 10 caches with the Field Puzzle attribute anywhere in Durham Region
19. Have found 25 caches with a boat attribute anywhere in Durham Region
20. Have found 10 caches anywhere in Durham Region with at least 25 favorite points
21. Have found 3 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2002
22. Have found 250 Traditional caches anywhere in Durham Region
23. Have found 8 caches anywhere in Durham Region hidden in the year 2006
24. Have found 30 Caches anywhere in Durham Region during the months of January through March of any year
25. Have found 25 multi stage caches anywhere in Durham Region

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 12:22AM by Skyecat. (view changes)
April 09, 2019 12:31AM
Challenge has been updated to make this Bingo card challenge specific to any caches found in Durham Region, Ontario. I listed all requirements in the previous post which I checked today. Can someone make me a checker for this challenge?
April 09, 2019 12:47AM
Sorry.... this slipped off my radar. Will make it today
April 09, 2019 04:26AM
Here is the checker, can you please test it and get back to us.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC85DDZ/41898

PLEASE NOTE: I had to change the Earthcache requirement to 5..... as you have found 9. Maybe you are planning to grab a bunch before publication....but I thought just in case it was a mistake I would put 5. Let me know if you want me to change it.
April 09, 2019 05:46PM
Thanks for the Checker. I am good with changing the earthcache requirement to 5 so I can qualify. I have found over 900 earthcaches but in Durham region, I am the CO of the majority of them so while most other people can qualify by finding my earthcaches alone, I guess that does not work for me qualifying until someone else puts one out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login