To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: can a checker for something like this be written?

[Resolved] can a checker for something like this be written?
May 14, 2019 03:55AM
got this off an older cache page for Golden Bingo Challenge GC3W81K. before i go to the trouble to put together a cache page, can a script even be written for something this complicated? i'm attaching a picture of the original bingo board. i know some of the things on there are no longer allowed, and i will correct those. i am NOT asking for a checker for this bingo board, just wondering if a checker is doable for something similar.

if a checker is possible, i will rewrite this board so as to remove the banned things (like benchmarks and waymarks, etc) and resubmit with all the pertinent details.

thank you for your help.
May 14, 2019 05:25AM
Bingo style checkers are reasonably common. As long as each individual challenge is OK, the bingo part is simple

You already have picked up some of the things no longer allowed, like Benchmarks and Waymarking.

Owning caches cannot be part of your challenge, same for XX finds/types in a day

The 'lost and found' and APE caches are super rare. L&F were events from 10 years ago, there are only 2 APES in the world (though I do have one :-))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 05:25AM by GreyHams. (view changes)
May 15, 2019 12:59AM
excellent. thank you for your quick response. i will begin working on a new bingo board.

on another note, i recently wrote a challenge for exactly 100 miles between caches which my reviewer rejected. he quoted an obscure decision hq made about that specific challenge which is unavailable to us in the guidelines. i have a wonderful cache page about the roman legion and centurions i made sitting there unusable. i may be in mourning about it. do you know of any interesting challenge ideas that could go with 100? i cannot do anything like 100 finds or something simple like that because i already have some of those out in the area.

congratulations on your APE cache. i only know one other person who has one. very cool.
May 15, 2019 08:20AM
You could do 100 counties.... or 100 souvenirs... or 100 hides with at least 100 fave points each

or 100 of the rarer types, like Letterboxes, Wherigo's or Virtuals

edit: and I am a tragic, I travelled to the US (from Australia) specifically to go to the Going APE mega & do HQ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2019 08:22AM by GreyHams. (view changes)
May 16, 2019 02:39AM
oooo...100 caches with at least 100 favorite points each...that is brilliant. would you like to write a checker for that, or should i go ahead and start a new thread since i've gotten off track on this one?

and...i hope you had some time to do more than cache when you went to all the trouble to travel here.
May 16, 2019 06:37AM
GC code for 100x100?
May 16, 2019 08:17AM
And I just looked at your stats.... you dont quite qualify and you have to qualify for your own challenges. You have 89 finds with 100 fave points
May 17, 2019 02:13AM
thank you for checking for me. i was having to go through and add them up.

i will qualify for the challenge by the time the cache gets published. i went out west in march and am behind in logging my finds. i will have 9 more caches that qualify when i log those. which i am going to do before next weekend - after i finish writing the golden bingo challenge. i am also going to the mega-event in texas next weekend, where i will easily surpass 100.

all of that to say...can you write the checker anyway? my reviewer (who is a stickler for the rules) would rather set his teeth on fire than publish a cache before i can prove with my logs that i satisfy the challenge. i know this for certain because we just had a throw-down about it. he (rightfully) won that argument.

i'd really like to get the cache page ready to go. it is one of the last two caches (golden bingo is the other) that need to be placed to finish a geoart i've been working on for a few months. if you don't mind, the cache is GC871T5
May 17, 2019 08:19AM
Here's your 100x100 checker:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC871T5/42894

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
May 18, 2019 02:05AM
something is glitching. the checker says i have 88 caches with 100 or more faves, but i actually have 91. would you like me to go through and compare the lists?
May 18, 2019 01:41PM
i take that back. i only have 90. of the two the checker is not counting: i just logged one of them (annie's place) yesterday, the other just gained 100 points. i'm thinking neither of those has had time to update on the project gc page yet. therefore, i think the checker is good. does that sound right to you?
May 18, 2019 04:05PM
Yes, that sounds entirely viable.
May 18, 2019 04:22PM
okay, i am going to use it. please mark this as resolved. when i finish my golden bingo, i'll submit that one on a new thread. thank you, again, for your efficient work on this challenge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login