To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Possible glitch in a checker

[Resolved] Possible glitch in a checker
May 30, 2019 11:31PM
I had a geocacher use the checker for GC7N3CX. It is supposed to give credit for "electoral votes" for each state the geocacher has found caches in. He claims he has never cached in the state of Michigan, but was given credit for 16 electoral votes. could you please double check the accuracy of the checker? Here is a copy of his email:

Hi. crescent moon here. I am looking at your I want to be President Challenge GC7N3CX. When I use the Project-GC checker, it is giving me more credit than I have earned. Example: Florida 29 votes, Georgia 16, Michigan 16 but I have never cached in Michigan. North Carolina 15, Virginia 13, Wyoming 3. This is really confusing to me. I have a long way to go on this cache but I really like the idea behind it.

User's Profile: https://coord.info/PR1Q6XC

------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,
Porkwatch
Re: Possible glitch in a checker
May 30, 2019 11:39PM
crescent moon has found GCC6B "Fly... MARS ROVER Traveling Cache", which is currently listed as being in Michigan. It looks like the script doesn't have any allowance for excluding traveling caches, so you would need to contact TravelingGeek (the script writer) if you want that added.
May 31, 2019 07:05PM
TravelingGeek,
I'm not sure how to request a specific script developer, but if this comes to your attention could you fix it to exclude traveling caches? If I don't get an answer in a couple of says I'll try to find a better way to contact you.
Thanks,
Porkwatch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2019 07:25PM by Porkwatch. (view changes)
October 08, 2019 05:29PM
Is this resolved with the scriptwriter?
October 08, 2019 10:36PM
Not really.
If anyone has fixed the checker I don't know how to find it to reinstall it on my challenge page.
October 08, 2019 10:49PM
I will sent a message to the scriptwriter and use this thread to post any deveiopments.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login