To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6QYMP - What's new this month? Challenge Checker Request

[Resolved] GC6QYMP - What's new this month? Challenge Checker Request
August 26, 2016 08:01PM
Can a checker be created (or does one exist?) that would check that a person had found x number of caches in the same month that they were placed? For instance, if a cache is placed Sep 2/2016, anyone who finds it on any day in Sept/2016 could count it to their total. If a cache is placed Aug 17/2016, anyone who finds it on any day in Aug/2016 could count it towards their total. Etc. I don't know what the x would be yet, because I don't know for sure how many times I have done this myself, but if you need a number, let's say 100 caches. I've read through the guidelines and can't see any particular problem, but if I'm missing something please let me know. If an adjustment can be made to make the challenge more compliant, but still maintain the same idea, I'm flexible. Thanks you for your time.
August 26, 2016 08:46PM
August 26, 2016 09:00PM
Thank you for your quick response. I believe the current checker is including caches found in the same month but a different year. I wish to have a checker that requires the cache be found in the same month and year as the date placed.
August 26, 2016 09:57PM
Checker is changed. When you submit the challenge make sure that the word challenge is in the title.
If not the checker will be auto-disabled after publication.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2016 10:05PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
August 29, 2016 02:25PM
This is looking very good. Thank you vogelbird. One additional adjustment I would like to request: Can the checker exclude all types of events? As it stands, almost all events would get included, since the date placed and the date found (attended) are almost always the same.
August 29, 2016 03:38PM
I have excluded all event types But be aware that your are now one cache short of your own challenge
September 12, 2016 02:47PM
Challange published, request archived
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login