To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Attended one GIFF event

[Resolved] Attended one GIFF event
September 26, 2019 09:10PM
Hi,

I need a challenge checker.

To complete this challenge you need to have attended at least one GIFF event.

I don't really know how the challenge could be coded. Maybe based on GIFF souvenirs ? But I don't know if there was souvenirs for the first or second GIFF in 2013 and 2014...
There is also an official bookmark list this year, but I don't know for the last years. Maybe it could be coded with this ?

Thank you for your help

Bonsoir,
J'aurai besoin d'aide pour un checker de challenge.
Pour compléter ce challenge, vous devez avoir participé à au moins un event GIFF.

Il est peut-être possible de se baser sur les souvenirs du GIFF, ou sur les listes officielles fournies par GC HQ.
Merci d'avance pour votre aide.
September 26, 2019 09:34PM
I don't think a challenge like this is possible. Using bookmark lists is not allowed in new challenges, nor is matching GIFF in cache titles and there's no unique souvenir for GIFF events.
September 28, 2019 03:41PM
Thanks.

> using bookmarks lists is not allowed... But GIFF events are listed by GC HQ :/ ... It would have been the ideal solution...

GIFF souvenirs are available since 2015. Can a challenge be based on one of these 4 souvenirs. But I think it won't work as the checker will also have to search in future GIFF souvenirs... and new geocachers won't be eligible to these challenge.

Working on the name can't be right as some GIFF events does not use GIFF in their title.

The best solution is to ask Groundspeak to make a special event type for GIFF events :D !

Is there a way to make a challenge using a GIFF event, GIFF souvenir, GIFF something ?

Thanks !

---
Merci.

Les souvenirs GIFF sont disponibles depuis 2015. Est-ce qu'un challenge peut être basé sur l'obtention d'un des ces 4 souvenirs ? Mais je pense que cela ne fonctionnera pas car, le challenge ne sera pas réalisable par des géocacheurs n'ayant pas participé aux précédentes éditions.

Travailler sur le nom de l'event ne fonctionnera pas car certains event GIFF ne comportent pas le nom GIFF dans leur titre.

Existe t-il une possibilité de créer un challenge utilisant un event GIFF, un souvenir GIFF, un GIFF quelquechose ?

Merci
September 28, 2019 04:06PM
Here is an example based on GIFF souvenirs only

[vogelbird](https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=vogelbird) has used [Project-GC](https://project-gc.com/Challenges//45327 "Project-GC Challenge Checker") to see if they qualified for this challenge and they did.

Number of GIFF: 2 (1 required)
- GIFF 2017
- GIFF 2018

This is the only way I think we cab set the challenge condition
September 28, 2019 04:46PM
This checker seems to work. (Tested with some GC IDs).
[Titoudu37](https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=Titoudu37) a utilisé [Project-GC](https://project-gc.com/Challenges//45327 "Project-GC Challenge Checker") pour voir s'il/elle était qualifié(e) pour ce challenge et il/elle l'est.

NEW SOUVENIRS
'1889', -- GeoCoinFest Europe 2018 - Nantes
'1981', -- Mystery at the Museum: Briefed on the case
'1982', -- Mystery at the Museum: Evidence collected
'1983', -- Mystery at the Museum: Jewels recovered
'1984', -- Mystery at the Museum: Case closed
Number of GIFF: 3 (1 required)
- GIFF 2016
- GIFF 2017
- GIFF 2018

Do you think it will it work with future GIFF souvenirs ?
I had a look at the code and it search the word "GIFF" or "Geocaching International Film Festival" in the souvenir's lists. So I think it will be good for future GIFF events as I hope they will include GIFF in their name.
September 28, 2019 05:06PM
If future GIFF souvenirs are issued they will be added to the souvenir list.

They is still an issue which has to be addressed by the scriptwriter ( GreyHams )
The heading
NEW SOUVENIRS
'1889', -- GeoCoinFest Europe 2018 - Nantes
'1981', -- Mystery at the Museum: Briefed on the case
'1982', -- Mystery at the Museum: Evidence collected
'1983', -- Mystery at the Museum: Jewels recovered
'1984', -- Mystery at the Museum: Case closed

Should not be shown

If you are happy with the checker I will ash him to have a look at this
September 28, 2019 05:30PM
Checker is OK for me without the heading.

Thanks for your help !
September 28, 2019 06:19PM
I still need a GCcode to attach the checker to your challenge
September 29, 2019 07:18AM
Here is the GCcode : GC8E6DQ !

Thanks a lot !
September 29, 2019 09:02AM
GCcode attached to the checker
October 08, 2019 11:36AM
Hi, I can (and will) remove the 'NEW SOUVENIRS' section.... I added this in debug so that when I periodically come back to the checker I can see what new souvenirs have been created since the last update.

edit: its fixed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2019 11:49AM by GreyHams. (view changes)
October 08, 2019 05:21PM
Excellent !

Thank you for all the work you've done !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login