To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge checker request GC8EX7G 7 days, 7 cache types

[Resolved] Challenge checker request GC8EX7G 7 days, 7 cache types
October 15, 2019 03:46AM
Hi there, I'm hoping to create a challenge cache in my local area, I've started writing up the cache description for GC8EX7G. I've never created a challenge cache before but I'm hoping my idea will be suitable and that someone would be kind enough to create a checker for me (as far as I can see the challenge meets the current geocaching guidelines). The idea for the challenge is to complete a one-week streak (7 consecutive days of caching) in which you find 7 different cache types (one different cache type per day).

I recently completed this challenge myself (9 Oct 2019 GC8D507 Traditional, 10 Oct 2019 GC2TFTK Multi, 11 Oct 2019 GC8E3W1 Mystery/Puzzle, 12 Oct 2019 GC89107 Virtual, 13 Oct 2019 GC1T5FG Earthcache, 14 Oct 2019 GC8783J Wherigo, 15 Oct 2019 GC4VK0W Letterbox Hybrid).

Any cache type is permitted as long as there are 7 different types over the week. Cachers may find additional caches on any of those days as long as they meet the above requirements. They must find the caches over the course of a week eg if they have already found 7 different cache types in one day that cannot count for this challenge. Geocaches found before challenge was published can count towards the achievement of the challenge as long as they meet the above requirements.

Please let me know if there's anything else you require from me.
Thanks very much, MamaHoof
October 15, 2019 09:17AM
Hi, here is your checker:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8EX7G/45710

Can you please test and get back to us
October 15, 2019 09:46AM
This is not allowed under the current guidelines "Time limited"

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Specifying any element of a cache page (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak.

Please remove the checker
October 15, 2019 10:08AM
Thanks GreyHams for creating a checker for me (and so quickly).

It's a shame that vogelbird has said my challenge is not acceptable. I interpreted the guidelines differently, as I am not specifying which 7 cache types the cachers have to get and I am not specifying that they have to get one particular cache type, they can choose any 7 different cache types they like, so I thought the challenge would be acceptable under the guidelines.

I thought this would be a fun and attainable challenge.

Thanks for your time.
MamaHoof
October 15, 2019 10:14AM
you are specifying everyday a different type and that is specifying the streak which is not allowed.
By the issue of a checker we give the wrong signal to the reviewer and involve Groundspeak in the process

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2019 10:20AM by vogelbird. (view changes)
October 15, 2019 11:46AM
I also checked the guidelines before creating the checker and thought the challenge was OK..... upon more detailed reading it would appear I am wrong, and I agree with vogelbird that this challenge is likely not valid.

However, I would challenge the argument that us challenge checker creators are influential on the reviewers. They have the true job of deciding what is a valid challenge cache or not.... not us. Anyway.... I will remove the checker.
October 15, 2019 11:44PM
Thank you both for your consideration of my challenge, while I'm disappointed my idea was not acceptable I thank you for the time you spent working on it. Back to the drawing board for me!
October 16, 2019 12:00AM
Instead of my original request, I was wondering if I could request a challenge checker for the same cache code but just change it to 7 consecutive days of caching (with no specification of cache type). So at least one find for 7 consecutive days. That seems to easily fit within the guidelines "Maintaining a finds streak, at least one find per day, up to 365 days."

I'd really appreciate your help with that.
Thanks
October 16, 2019 02:30AM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8EX7G/45731

Please test and reply
October 16, 2019 04:13AM
Looks like it is working well, thank you very much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login