To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Modify request for GC6PMRA
September 12, 2016 03:47AM
My reviewer flagged the checker that was written for my GC6PMRA and says that it can no longer contain Feb 29th as a requirement. Can someone modify the checker to take that out? Thanks.
º
Re: Modify request for GC6PMRA
September 12, 2016 04:06AM
Just out of curiosity: What did the reviewer say which part of the guidelines doesn't allow that?
September 12, 2016 04:17AM
The reviewer stated on the cache page:

"It does appears, however, that a change does need to be made. Looking through my resources, it appears that the Date Found grid can no longer include Leap Day, due to the Time-Limitation guideline. I believe once this change is made to the checker it is good to go."

I questioned it because the Time Limitation guideline doesn't mention that. His response was this:

"The no Leap Day thing is something that came in from an appeals response a couple weeks ago from another reviewer out east. It has not made it into the online guidelines yet, though I wish they would. This is one I believe to be a stretch of the guidelines, but that is the direction we have been given by HQ and I am a bit bound by that direction."

Doesn't make sense but that's groundspeak for ya!
º
September 12, 2016 04:31AM
Yeah they are a bit funny like this. I got one which didn't make it through the appeals process either:
September 12, 2016 04:43AM
I didn't appeal this challenge, it's not the reviewer's fault and he's saying it's coming down from groundspeak so there's no reason to appeal as they'll just turn it down.
As far as the non-attribute challenge you mentioned...I happen to own that one. It passed because it's not asking for non-achievements. It's basically the same as finding caches with certain attributes...just none.
But yeah I see your point, it didn't seem like your challenge was asking for non-achievements either. Despite their efforts, the guidelines are still subject to interpretation by the reviewers.
September 12, 2016 04:14AM
Tags can only be modified by the tagger or script writer (or possibly admins as well), preferably the tagger. In this case the tag was made by vogelbird. He's pretty active on this forum, so will likely notice this thread soon, otherwise you can contact him directly using the link next to "Tagged by: ..." on the checker page.
September 12, 2016 05:29AM
Checker adjusted. For leapday find date not necesary but for placing date still required
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login