To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge checker request

[Resolved] Challenge checker request
December 29, 2019 01:41AM
Hi,

After completing this challenge myself, I am requesting a challenge checker for a challenge cache I created near me.
The pending GC is GC8HBZ9.
In order to qualify for this challenge, a cacher must find at least one cache in 7 individual states within 1 day.

Thank you in advance to anyone who tackles this task for me. :)
Suzanne AKA EvergreenAdventures
December 29, 2019 02:32AM
Sorry, this would not be allowed by Groundspeak as it is 'time limited'.

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited
December 29, 2019 03:42AM
Ugh, just as I went to click send, I had a glimpse in my head of reading this rule. I think deep down I wanted this so much and since there were others...written before 2016, I hoped I was wrong. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
December 29, 2019 03:51AM
What if I phrased it as a streak such as A State a Day in One Week?
December 29, 2019 05:14AM
Sorry, the guidelines are unambiguous when it comes to streaks.... max 1 per day. From the guidelines:

NOT Allowed: Specifying any element of a cache page (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak.

Number of states, or counties.... even in a 'month' are OK, but that month can be in any year. So I could do 5 in January 2019, and 2 in January 2020, that would meet "7 states in January" and would be allowed. Again, sorry, not our rules but it saves you getting a challenge and the reviewers rejecting it
December 29, 2019 10:06PM
So, could I do 7 States in 7 Consecutive Days?

In the write up, I would have to put that any year would count, and can I also add in the write up that if the cacher finds seven states in less than seven days, that would count too? Sorry to keep asking questions, but thinking about 3,2,1 Go Challenge makes me think that this may work.
December 29, 2019 10:59PM
Yes, I think that should be allowed.....and "A state a day for a week" is obviously the same thing.... so sorry about that.

Here is your checker, can you please test it and get back to us. I havent restricted it to any country, so any 7 regions/states in 7 days will work.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8HBZ9/47657

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2019 11:01PM by GreyHams. (view changes)
December 29, 2019 11:58PM
Thank you! I did check and it does work, not exactly how I envisioned though. By any chance, can you try to make it seven New England states putting the focus on a region?
December 30, 2019 12:09AM
We can restrict it to any list of states, or country.

According to Wikipedia there are only 6 New England states???

Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
December 30, 2019 12:11AM
Add New York?
December 30, 2019 12:20AM
I modified the checker, but you no longer qualify which is a key requirement.
December 30, 2019 12:40AM
I checked my logs for December 6 on Geocaching.com.
They are: CT, NY, MA, VT, NH, ME, RI, and then FL for the challenge. The only log that I have 2 in one state for, which may throw things off, is MA.
Any suggestions?

I wish I could pay you for this service. :)
Suzanne
December 30, 2019 12:17AM
Actually, it would be considered Northeast Region of US
December 30, 2019 12:38AM
Even if I extend it out to the entire NE, unfortunately you still dont qualify which means you wont be able to publish.

I can restrict it however you want, currently it is:

"filter": {
"country": "United States",
"region": [
"Connecticut",
"Maine",
"Massachusetts",
"New Hampshire",
"New Jersey",
"Pennsylvania",
"New York",
"Delaware",
"Maryland",
"Virginia",
"West Virginia",
"Rhode Island",
"Vermont"
]
},
December 30, 2019 01:28AM
This is still not allowed by the rule GreyHams already quoted/linked.

NOT Allowed: Specifying any element of a cache page (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak.

The location/state of a cache is an element of the cache page. Under the new guidelines the only publishable streak challenge is "Find any cache on x consecutive days", up to 365 days.

Also:

NOT allowed: Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.

So even if it was just 7 states in a week, it is still not allowed.

The only thing that may be publishable and comes close to your request is, as GreyHams already mentioned, x states in a month (cumulative over the years) or on a certain weekday (also cumulative).
January 04, 2020 04:59PM
Okay, here is the last attempt, which I think, after reading and rereading the guidelines, talking it out with another cacher, and rereading replies (which I am using one suggestion) will work.
How about...6 New England States plus 1 in December
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Vermont
New Hampshire
Maine
Rhode Island
Plus...New York
Cacher would have to find one cache in each of those states during the month of December...but it can be any year.

Fingers crossed that I think I finally have it right.
January 04, 2020 05:52PM
Here is a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8HBZ9/47808

Please test and reply
January 04, 2020 06:13PM
Yes!!! Thank you!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login