To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker Request for GC6TF2W

[Resolved] Checker Request for GC6TF2W
September 24, 2016 03:32PM
Hi!!

I need a Challenge Checker for "Challenge 5x30+5x10 - GC6TF2W"

The Challenge is to found at least 30 caches of 5 different Owners and 10 caches of over 5 Owners. Therefore, you will need to have find, at least, 200 caches.
It can be any type of cache, even participation in events are accepted.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Toninho
September 24, 2016 04:58PM
Is that allowed?
10. Source of Criteria Not Acceptable

These listing elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer or listing text.
Pleas ask your retviewer
September 24, 2016 08:15PM
About this I undestand that is not allowed ask for a specific Owner.

But I will contact a Reviewer.

Thanks
September 24, 2016 08:36PM
But you have to use that data field to determine if they are different cache owner.
I guess they have add it so you cant spell things with first letters like title but i my opinion it has the consequence that different CO is not allowed
Technically one could argue that the placed_by can be used since it is not cache owner or that the owner ID is ok since it it not listed it is not the element of the groundspeak:owner but a attribute of it.
But i suspect that the rule is written i layman term and they would say that all those are included
Example of the owner part in the GPX
<groundspeak:placed_by>Target.</groundspeak:placed_by>
<groundspeak:owner id="4338754">Target.</groundspeak:owner>

A strange thing i notixed is that the name is the GC code and what one would consider the name is the waypoint description
<name>GC6K040</name>
<desc>Challenge: Kalender gömda dagar Östergötland by Target., Unknown Cache (1/1.5)</desc>
September 26, 2016 08:39PM
My Reviewer confirmed that it is not allowed.

I change the Challenge:São Paulo GC Challenge - GC6TF2W

The Challenge is to have found at least 1 geocache of any type in 40 cities, or more, in the State of São Paulo, Brazil. Attendance logs in CITO or Events are not valid.

Thank you for your help!!!

Regards,

Antonio Iglesias
Toninho
September 26, 2016 08:56PM
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6TF2W/22873

Please confirm if this is what you require!!
September 26, 2016 09:37PM
Hi Vogelbird!!

Yes!!

The checker is perfect!!

Thank you very much!!!
September 26, 2016 09:44PM
The checker is for what project gc calls counties.
It is likly Opens streetmap admin leves 7 it is Microrregiões (Micro-regions) for Brazil

Check for what that is with caches on maps compare
http://project-gc.com/Tools/MapCompare?profile_name=Toninho&country=Brazil&region=S%C3%A3o+Paulo&county=Sorocaba&nonefound=on&onefound=on&bothfound=on&submit=Filter

or if paying member
http://project-gc.com/Tools/MapCounties?profile_name=Toninho&country=Brazil&region=S%C3%A3o+Paulo&submit=Filter&county=S%C3%A3o+Vicente

If you look at it you would notice that it does not cover alle areast. there is may areas without a county

The data looks like it is bad because a part of Santo André is 2099 km to the north near Recife
It looks lite the data om open street map is bad
September 26, 2016 10:02PM
It really seems there is some problem with the map.

But I tested the checker with some users and it works.

Thanks,

Toninho
September 27, 2016 09:30AM
I found the problem. There are counties in a different region with the same name.

I will take the matter up with Support to solve this problem
September 27, 2016 10:28AM
That will not be a problem for the checker.
When it filter finds by region och the finds in the correct counties will be counted.
But the map should be fixed so it includes the whole region. Or perhaps a different admin leves should be used
September 27, 2016 10:58AM
As far as I can detect there are no caches in the area's which are at this moment blank.
When I look at the plot of PGC (background) for the region, all the counties are in the map. So all the countries are use to build the map as shown.
September 27, 2016 11:46AM
Yes you are correct . The map counties filtred by region only show counties that have caches but it the whole country is selected all are included. I had never looked at that map in a country where there are counties with 0 caches.
The polygons for counties are correct but when they have the same name in different regions a regions sufflix has to be added to the name like for counties in the US
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login