To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC3PM9T 42 Degrees of separation

[Resolved] GC3PM9T 42 Degrees of separation
September 25, 2016 07:25PM
In spite of this being an old GC code, this is a new challenge. (The original cache I planned never got published for reasons that are irrelevant here.) I have replicated the cache web page here. I have run this past the reviewer Professor Xavier who has provisionally OK'd it.

There is an element of Chicken and Egg here. Until I know how many combinations I have myself I don't know where to set the target, so 42 is just a wild guess. However, I presume changing the target figure later will be just a trivial tweak.

Hope this is OK.
September 26, 2016 08:56AM
Is this what you are looking for? http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3PM9T/22862
September 26, 2016 09:51AM
And the rule

You may not use your own caches unless you adopted after finding it
cant be checked for. That information is not available for checkers
September 26, 2016 10:01AM
No problem, I'll amend the rule to read "You may not use your own caches".
September 26, 2016 10:09AM
The checker dont look for that. And why i logging your own event not ok?

Do you think people will travel far avay to a new degree grid and hide a cache and the log it as found without finding another cache?
I one does there is a simple workaround by using two accounts and hiding with the other account
Adding extra code for cases that likely not is relevant feel like unnecessary work. Do you thin it will be a problem?
September 26, 2016 10:15AM
Good point. I had copied and pasted the rules from a previous challenge and hadn't fully considered the implications. I'll remove that rule entirely.
September 26, 2016 09:59AM
The checker looks to be just what I was looking for.

Not sure how high to set the bar. I have, to my surprise, 128, so have the possibility to go high. On the other hand, I'd quite like the challenge to be within reach of a reasonable number of cachers. I'll get back to you in due course.
September 26, 2016 02:34PM
After running more than 100 cachers through the checker I have decided to stick with 42 as the target.

Hopefully I will get the cache submitted later today.

Thank-you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login