To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC41NRK The Chlorophyll Challenge - Green in title

[Resolved] GC41NRK The Chlorophyll Challenge - Green in title
March 08, 2020 10:12PM
Again many thanks to you volunteers. This one should be "hopefully" easy. I'm going to only request English support.

Your challenge for this cache is to find 50 caches with the word green in the title.

The word Green needs to be found in the title of each cache found for this challenge.
The word Green can only count once for each cache even if the word is found more than once in the cache title.
The word Green may be part of another word for this challenge. Words like Greensleaves or Greenpeace or Evergreen are acceptable.
The word green appearing in different languages, like verde or midori is acceptable, however the word needs to be interpreted as the color green. The French word vert would not count if found in the word vertical, since it is not interpreted as the color green in that word.
No more than three caches from any series with the word Green in the title may be used. I have found 5 or 6 caches in the Clue series that use Mr. Green in the title. I have only included 3 of those caches in my qualifying list.
March 19, 2020 10:20PM
Green in the title checker.
March 20, 2020 08:07AM
Like the cache with grey, this one also allows foreign words "like verde or midori is acceptable"
So, it's impossible to make the checker
March 20, 2020 09:45PM
Can we please have a checker for English only then. If finders have foreign words they can use the old fashion manual method. Cache is in the US so most finders will be in English. Any enhancements can be provided by future caches.

Please provide checker finding the word "green"
March 20, 2020 10:29PM
In this case there are no problems
March 21, 2020 12:59PM
March 21, 2020 02:59PM
Quick question

My output says
You have found 30 Green in 29 caches:

So does this mean I have 29 qualifiers or 30? Looking at the description 29 would be the correct answer.
March 21, 2020 03:28PM
it is because you have found a cache with 2 green in the title. However you must have found 50 different caches it is not important how many word you find.
If you want, I can use another script, the same as I've used for other cache. It counts and reports only the number of different founds
March 21, 2020 11:20PM
Number of finds appears to be the needed result. Thanks for your help here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login