To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC47D37 The Ansel Adams Challenge cache - Black/White/Grey words in tile

[Resolved] GC47D37 The Ansel Adams Challenge cache - Black/White/Grey words in tile
March 08, 2020 10:19PM
I think this is my final request for awhile. Many thanks to those working on them. It does not hurt to ask.

So reading the description below, I'd say for now skip the foreign word support start with English.

Words are black, white, gray, grey

Since compound words are supported I've seen you guys use a disclaimer for false positives.

Description:
So here's your challenge: Find and log 25 caches...

1) Ten (10) of them must have the word "black" in them. You can use the word on its own, or in compound words such as "blackbird", as long as the use of "black" obviously refers to that color.

2) Ten (10) of them must have the word "white" in them. You can use the word on its own, or in compound words such as "whitehall", as long as the use of "white" obviously refers to that color.

3) Five (5) of them must have the word "gray" (or "grey") in them. You can use the word on its own, or in compound words such as "graybeard", as long as the use of "grey/gray" obviously refers to that color.

4) Foreign words *DO* count. Visitors from other lands should be able to claim a Smiley, too. Examples: "gray" is "gris" in French and Spanish, "black" is "schwarz" in German, and "white" is "vit" in Swedish. The rules of 1)-3), above, still apply.
March 19, 2020 10:21PM
Black, white, grey, gray in the tile checker
March 20, 2020 08:05AM
there is problem that "4) Foreign words *DO* count". is is not only challenge for black/white/grey but also for hundred other words.
So, it's impossible to make a checker like this
March 20, 2020 09:46PM
Please provide a checker for English users which will be a majority of the local finders of this cache. Any exceptions can be flagged manually.
March 20, 2020 10:30PM
No problem
March 21, 2020 01:35PM
this was a bit more complicated, however try it here:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC47D37/49968
March 21, 2020 02:55PM
Works perfectly. I'm still a handful short.
March 21, 2020 03:19PM
resolved
March 21, 2020 03:18PM
Thanks you for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login