To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC8KD8N - Love (favoriting caches with <20 faves)
March 11, 2020 01:52AM
Hello,

I would like to create a checker for this challenge cache that requires people to favorite 20 caches that, at the time of their finding, have less than 20 favorite points. Is this possible? I know that a challenge based on caches with at least X number of Favorite Points can be published, but I'm not sure if that refers to the time of the original cache find, or the time of logging the challenge cache. Ideally, I would want to restrict it so that people couldn't go back and favorite caches way after they've found them, just to achieve the challenge.

Thank you much,
Elisa
Re: GC8KD8N - Love (favoriting caches with <20 faves)
March 11, 2020 05:49AM
Hi,
Unfortunately there is no way to know when the caches were favorited. The info we get from Groundspeak is realtime.... is the cache favorited or not.

I don't believe we can even tell if the cacher has favorited the hide or not... all we know is how many favorite points does the hide have as of the time of running the checker.

GreyHams

edit: you can specify the min/max number of favorite points per hide, and the min/maxnumber of finds each hide must have, unique owners and so on....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2020 05:52AM by GreyHams. (view changes)
April 09, 2020 09:37AM
This thread has not received any further response from the requester and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
April 14, 2020 12:05AM
Hello again -
I waited a month for an email that I had gotten a response, only to see that the reply had come only hours after I posted! Go figure.

Anyhow - if I'm understanding correctly, then a challenge checker with the requirements of having favorited 20 caches that have under 20 favorite points is possible, though it would be based on the number at the time of running the challenge checker. If I'm okay with this (I am!) and would like to request this kind of checker, what are the next steps?

Thanks so much for your time and efforts. I hope everyone is staying healthy and positive in these trying times.
April 14, 2020 09:33AM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8KD8N/50447

Please test and reply
April 15, 2020 12:32AM
Wow! That was fast!
From what I gather, though - this guy just counts finds of specific caches, not "favorites" for them. Is there any way to include that? To make sure they favorited 20 caches that have under 20 favorite points?
April 15, 2020 09:41AM
I have to investigate with the scriptwriter if it is possible to identify those caches where the cacher has given a favorite point.
April 15, 2020 09:48AM
Yes, the PGC.GetFPDetailsForUser() call will return a list of all the caches that you've given FP's.
April 16, 2020 11:11PM
That sounds like good news!
April 17, 2020 05:14AM
The checker is adjusted, please test again
April 18, 2020 03:52PM
It's perfect! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login