To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: NEW CHECKER REQUEST GC5PYD6

[Resolved] NEW CHECKER REQUEST GC5PYD6
September 28, 2016 08:22PM
There is a gsak macro already made for this but was hoping to get a checker here instead.

The classic detective game! In Clue, players move from room to room in a mansion to solve the mystery of: who done it, with what, and where? Players are dealt character, weapon, and location cards after the top card from each card type is secretly placed in the confidential file in the middle of the board. Players must move to a room and then make an accusation against a character saying they did it in that room with a specific weapon. The player to the left must show one of any cards accused to the accuser if in that player's hand. Through deductive reasoning each player must figure out which character, weapon, and location are in the secret file. To do this, each player must uncover what cards are in other players hands by making more and more accusations. Once a player knows what cards the other players are holding they will know what cards are in the secret file. A great game for those who enjoy reasoning and thinking things out.
Depending on edition, the playing pieces are typically made of colored plastic, shaped like chess pawns, or character figurines. Occasionally they are made from wood or pewter. The standard edition of Cluedo comes with six basic tokens representing the following original characters:

Ms. Vivienne Scarlet, the sultry and beautiful actress of the game.
Col. Michael Mustard, the militant and athletic colonel of the game.
Mrs. Blanche White, the intrusive and kindly maid of the game.
Rev. Jonathan Green, the conniving and religious priest(mobster) of the game.
Mrs. Elizabeth Peacock, the sinister and political senator of the game.
Prof. Peter Plum, the uptight and intelligent professor of the game.

Weapons consist of:

Candlestick
Axe
Pistol
Poison
Rope
Gloves
Horseshoe
Knife
Bat
Chalice
Dumbbell
Wrench
Revolver
Trophy
Garden Shears

There are nine rooms in the mansion where the murder can take place, laid out in a circular fashion on the game board, separated by pathways overlaid by playing spaces. Each of the four corner rooms contains a secret passage that leads to the room on the opposite diagonal corner of the map. The center room (often referred to as the Cellar, or Stairs) is inaccessible to the players, but contains the solution envelope, and is not otherwise used during game play. Colored "start" spaces encircle the outer perimeter which correspond to each player's suspect token. Miss Scarlet starts at the red space, Colonel Mustard starts at the yellow space, Mrs. White starts at the white space, Mr. Green starts at the green space, Mrs. Peacock starts at the blue space, and Professor Plum starts at the purple space.

Here are the original rooms of Boddy Estate:

Kitchen
Ballroom
Conservatory
Billiard Room
Library
Study
Hall
Lounge
Dining Room
Cellar

To meet the requirements to log this Challenge Cache you will need to find 18 caches with these words in the titles:

All 6 Suspects:
1. Scarlet
2. Colonel (or abbreviation Col.) or Mustard
3. White
4. Reverend (or abbreviation Rev.) or Green
5. Peacock
6. Professor (or abbreviation Prof.) or Plum
AND
Your choice of 6 weapons:

Candlestick

Axe

Pistol

Poison

Rope

Gloves

Horseshoe

Knife

Bat

Chalice

Dumbbell

Wrench

Revolver

Trophy

Garden Shears

AND
Your choice of 6 rooms from the Boddy Estate:

Kitchen

Ballroom

Conservatory

Billiard Room

Library

Study

Hall

Lounge

Dining Room

Cellar

Here is a link, courtesy of OMR419, to help you determine your qualifications... (visit link)
(Thanks Randy)

***Each cache can only be used to satisfy one required find***
Good Luck and watch your back.... there's a Murderer on the loose!!!
September 30, 2016 08:42AM
The challenge conditions do not lend themselves to a simple tag, so I believe a new script would be required. This is likely to be low on most script-writers priorities since the script would have limited usefulness given such challenges are no longer allowed.
November 21, 2016 11:51AM
I'll write it
November 21, 2016 06:08PM
ok, I've wrote it
It's a generic title checker, so I hope that it can be reused for some other grandfathered cache
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5PYD6/23541

However, someone who log it as found does not fulfilled the rules.
Sometimes someone have found the word that is not separated from another word, i.e. GC3N69M TrophyCache 1. Sorry, I cannot check it.

Sometimes someone have found Scarlett's Creek Valley - GC2NCEY. So I've add the Scarlett as alternative to Scarlet.

And someone have found "glove" instead of "gloves" - I don't add it as alternative word, but I can do it if you think that the "glove" is sufficient.
November 22, 2016 07:48PM
The CO is fine with glove vs. gloves. I just ran it myself and seems great. Thanks so much.
November 22, 2016 10:36PM
I've added "glove" as alternative to "gloves"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login